Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

My Garfield/Maguire comment is mainly focused on charisma. Maguire can act and is really good at expressing emotions without words, but I always felt he lacked the charisma to be Spider-Man. I'm glad didn't have many more than the rare bits of humor from him cuz they all felt forced. Garfield's humor felt more natural.

• Founder / Operator

$27m would be a solid number if it holds. More than $30m puts it on target for $145-150m in six days if it holds up as well as TF1 did. I'd be stunned personally, but, I'm not someone to say anything is impossible.

• Like 2

No, but they don't need to lie. Nikki's post reads like it was written by the studio. The midnight opening isn't "stellar," just like it isn't bad by any means either. It's a very solid opening. They could have just said they were very pleased with it, then pointed out that IM2 made the same thing and went on to earn $128m in 3 days.

I just think they listed examples, and I think that people are just all trigger happy when it comes to this film, and I'm not taking personally, I'm just trying to give food for thought. I hate see rational people acting irrationally. Calling a "lie" to say it is in the same ballpark is a stretch in my opinion, but if the version that you made up is better than reality, hey BKB is a Nolanite in my mind, I'm guilty as charged for the very same things.

• Founder / Operator

They picked those movies strategically when reporting them to sources like us and Nikki. Its a salesman's strategy, and we see it all the time from every studio with various films. Doesn't matter whether its a good number or not, they're going to try and sell it like it is.

Edited by ShawnMR

I always liked the switch to organic shooters. If Parker can climb walls, why can't he shoot webbing?

I thought they worked in the first film, but other than when he lost his powers, he always had an endless supply. Some of the best moments in the comics were when he either ran out or his shooting devices jammed/got destroyed and he didn't have the webbing to use as a crutch. He was then forced to actually "duke it out" with a villain, or use his brain to find another way to defeat him.

$27m would be a solid number if it holds. More than $30m puts it on target for $145-150m in six days if it holds up as well as TF1 did. I'd be stunned personally, but, I'm not someone to say anything is impossible.

:bravo:You should listen more to people like me and AA (+many more) when you predict a movie in the future you know :OMG:
  • Like 2

They picked those movies strategically when reporting them to sources like us and Nikki. Its a salesman's strategy, and we see it all the time from every studio with various films. Doesn't matter whether its a good number or not, they're going to try and sell it like it is.

Exactly, once you admit that a film this high profile is not measuring up, it's like blood in the water.

Isn't Deadline also a source to inside news, like, er, BO.com? Don't you think they realize that we'll notice that? What I think that they fail to realize isn't that we couldn't catch up a lie - even because I don't think that saying it is in the same ballpark as those films taking just the midnight in context is a lie - it's that majority of people will be cynical and analyze every single little thing literally, because they aren't with good will towards this film. That's my take on it, the problem isn't with what is written, it's how you're reading it. But as I've said, sometimes creating drama and fiction is better than the actual truth, my BKB as a Nolanite is proof that I'm also guilty of the same thing. Edited by iJackSparrow

I don't know what people were expecting Sony to report? Is it something likeI should go with the hive mind instead of trying to be reasonable and think for myself, then I wouldn't be defending Sony's ass. :)

I think people were expecting Sony to tell the truth. They lied. Stop trying to justify it.And you are not trying to be reasonable. You told everyone that knew that Sony lied that they were wrong. You argued with them, when you were the one defending a lie. You were wrong because Sony was wrong. Accept your mistake and move on. Edited by The Iron Horse

• Founder / Operator

:bravo:You should listen more to people like me and AA (+many more) when you predict a movie in the future you know :OMG:

I've definitely been off my game in June. May need to take one of my prolonged breaks to re-brew the mojo. :P(But I'm not throwing in the towel yet on TASM -- still not convinced it will do more than $250m until we see some real numbers.) :) Edited by ShawnMR

I watched Shawshank for the first time today, and it really is a remarkable movie.

One of my greatest movie-going experiences ever. Had no clue what the plot was or anything -- just that it starred Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins. The sense of release and freedom and hope that we got in the theater was just exhilarating.

I thought they worked in the first film, but other than when he lost his powers, he always had an endless supply. Some of the best moments in the comics were when he either ran out or his shooting devices jammed/got destroyed and he didn't have the webbing to use as a crutch. He was then forced to actually "duke it out" with a villain, or use his brain to find another way to defeat him.

Eh, not really a good enough reason to include them. My biggest problem with the mech shooters is how purely illogical they are. A small wrist-sized cartridge can produce webbing for hours on end? Ironically ASM never even used the "run out of webbing" nailbiter. They also didn't even show how he acquired the fluid from Oscorp. He just has it sitting there in his room all of a sudden like he mail-ordered the thing. Edited by tonytr87

I've definitely been off my game this summer. May need to take one of my prolonged breaks to re-brew the mojo. :P

Yeah.. Do that..You´re also always welcome to email me or my BO friends for some kindly advise from time to time..Free of charge ofcourse.. If you are in doubt again..

• Founder / Operator

Yeah.. Do that..You´re also always welcome to email me or my BO friends for some kindly advise from time to time..Free of charge ofcourse.. If you are in doubt again..

Don't push it. :P