keysersoze123

ID4(Wednesday) Numbers ASM($23.4M)

I do think 2013 Oscars will rival the 2011 Oscars quality wise.

That'd definitely be an improvement in quality, now only if it could match 2009 in quality, that'd be amazing.

That'd definitely be an improvement in quality, now only if it could match 2009 in quality, that'd be amazing.

Hmm, really? I think the 2011 Oscar nominees are of the highest quality yet. Not one of the BP nominees was bad or even mediocre IMO

Hmm, really? I think the 2011 Oscar nominees are of the highest quality yet. Not one of the BP nominees was bad or even mediocre IMO

I assume you mean the nominees released in 2010? Because last year was a minor travesty (Extremely Loud, War Horse getting nominated/great films like Shame, Drive, Take Shelter getting shut out/a trifle like The Artist winning). Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1

I assume you mean the nominees released in 2010? Because last year was a minor travesty (Extremely Loud, War Horse getting nominated/great films like Shame, Drive, Take Shelter getting shut out/a trifle like The Artist winning).

Yes, thats what I meant. Hey, there were some good nominees this year! Tree of Life, Midnight in Paris, The Descendants.. But yeah Extremely Long and Incredibly Boring was.. yeah.

They're good, but not the best of them all IMO, 2009, and 2007 were both better.

Yes, thats what I meant. Hey, there were some good nominees this year! Tree of Life, Midnight in Paris, The Descendants.. But yeah Extremely Long and Incredibly Boring was.. yeah.

In EL&IC's defence it was a good film the first time around, and then on rewatch it utterly died. And, the nominees last year weren't too bad, most of them were good.

Besides EL&IC they were good/decent flicks, but I like to see great/relevant/challenging films nominated. Only three of last year's nominees (The Descendants, Midnight in Paris, and Moneyball) were in my top 12.And Albert Brooks should've replaced Sydow in my opinion (or Jonah Hill). I know a lot of people like to say that a performance without dialogue is more difficult, but I say the opposite. Edited by tonytr87

Well, The Tree of Life is a pretty challenging movie for a BP nominee.

Stylistically, yes, but as far as themes and story content (50's era family life fits right in with the 60-80 year-old contingent that dominates the Academy), not really. I'm also pretty sure it wouldn't have made the cut if the exact same movie had a director other than Malick's name attached to it.Back on topic...hope Ted keeps chugging. We need more original hits.

Quite a disastrous Wednesday for TASM. It's obviously early to write the obituary for its domestic run, but this drop really doesn't bode well.

I also was expecting a better Wed. for it but I'm going to wait till after the weekend to hold judgement. If it can get around 150m for the 6 day, I'd say it's in good shape.