A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

On September 5, 2016 at 0:35 PM, Kalo said:

It may not suck (I still think it probably will) But it will almost certainly bomb. Rogue One, Passengers and Sing will devour this. Terrible release date and shitty marketing will be it's downfall. plus Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard may be talented actors, but they have zero star power when it comes to drawing in a crowd. and this is giving off major Prince of Persia vibes to me, I hope I'm wrong. but I will be shocked if this gets good reviews and does well.

why are we assuming Passengers doesn't have a chance of flopping? The marketing for that is almost nonexistent. I can see it more likely being the one that's pushed back. I barely see any social media presence for Sing too. 

1 hour ago, antovolk said:

whut

Probably the film isn't done yet, not to mention it wouldn't really be a festival fit. I mean no one is saying the same for Passengers for instance

Wasn't this filmed a while ago? I haven't followed it closely but I think I read something like that.

Passengers, in this case, is known to still be in post production. Heck, they had re-shoots just a week ago.

9 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Diversity is great but quality is vastly more important and video game film adaptations have been dire.

Well, judging from reviews BvS is a piece of shit (which i disagree with btw). Yet it almost did $900m. That's what i'm talking about.

3 minutes ago, RedX said:

I'm hoping they push back Passengers for the sake of both projects. 

I don't think they are going to, since they just released a poster that is going up in theaters and just started the official facebook page, twitter account and instagram account.  I think they are preparing to ramp up.

I think Rogue One is the bigger issue, though, in terms of crowded box office.

I want them both to do well.  Passengers is my most anticipated film of the year, but I'd really like Fassy to have AC work out for him, too.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, trifle said:

I don't think they are going to, since they just released a poster that is going up in theaters and just started the official facebook page, twitter account and instagram account.  I think they are preparing to ramp up.

I think Rogue One is the bigger issue, though, in terms of crowded box office.

I want them both to do well.  Passengers is my most anticipated film of the year, but I'd really like Fassy to have AC work out for him, too.

I just don't want to hear more about projects completely bombing out again in 2016. I won't be surprised if all these films cannibalize each other. We'll

see how well the counterprogramming against Rogue One does

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

That's quite clearly not going to happen at this point.

And I don't think Passengers moving would benefit it. I can see how it would benefit this though...

How would moving away from Star Wars not benefit it? The general audience as of now is more aware of Rogue One and Assassin's Creed than they are Passengers. The marketing for the movie is just not there right now, three months before its premiere. 

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Genuinely curiuous why people talk about video games movie adaptations as if it was a genre, which it is not IMO.

They've been stereotyped and can't be thought of as anything else despite the material that's there 

• Like 1

On September 9, 2016 at 8:36 PM, RedX said:

why are we assuming Passengers doesn't have a chance of flopping? The marketing for that is almost nonexistent. I can see it more likely being the one that's pushed back. I barely see any social media presence for Sing too. 

People think the actors alone will make it huge. Which is kind of silly 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

People think the actors alone will make it huge. Which is kind of silly 

And everything we've heard from everyone who's seen all or part of it is enthusiastic.  So far, except for the lawsuit freezing some of the special effects so they had to go a different route, we have heard nothing even neutral about it.

Which isn't to say I won't be holding my breath until the first reviews come in, because I will, but so far it sounds fantastic.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1