A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

1 hour ago, antovolk said:

There was also a Q&A on Facebook yesterday with GamesRadar - Kurzel said trailer "coming soon".

Taking what Bill said with a huge grain of salt since he was involved in small revisions with the script a long time ago. It sounds encouraging though. Yeah, I saw the Q&A, I'm thinking we get it this week, Wednesday or Thursday 

1 minute ago, JennaJ said:

IDK, maybe it's unfair, but reading such effusive praise, and so much of it, makes it a little less convincing. He's selling it really really hard, you know?

With those type of actors, I can see that praise being accurate but I won't be suckered in by it. I'm not sure why he even said anything lol got too excited about it 

7 hours ago, RedX said:

Taking what Bill said with a huge grain of salt since he was involved in small revisions with the script a long time ago. It sounds encouraging though. Yeah, I saw the Q&A, I'm thinking we get it this week, Wednesday or Thursday 

Well, then let's hope the majority agrees with him. And most importantly, hopefully i agree with him.

Edited by Elessar

4 minutes ago, RedX said:

He's more than likely a very good writer. He's been in the business for 20 years now and continues to get work 

I made no comment about what kind of writer he is.

I commented about how absolutely useless it is to expect someone who's heavily involved in a production to be objective about the results.

• Like 1

On September 27, 2016 at 3:49 PM, JennaJ said:

I made no comment about what kind of writer he is.

I commented about how absolutely useless it is to expect someone who's heavily involved in a production to be objective about the results.

Your comment definitely implied something like that, referring to the projects he's worked on. 

3 minutes ago, RedX said:

Your comment definitely implied something like that, referring to the projects he's worked on. 

That wasn't my intention. I haven't seen any of his previous work, why would I refer to it? My comment was stricty about the fact that the screenwriter tweeting effusive praise for his movie is hardly something to get excited about.

4 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

That wasn't my intention. I haven't seen any of his previous work, why would I refer to it? My comment was stricty about the fact that the screenwriter tweeting effusive praise for his movie is hardly something to get excited about.

"LOL that's the screenwriter"

"Now the OTT praise makes perfect sense"

It sounds like you're applying more context here without just simply saying don't deeply trust in someone that has personal bias by being part of the production in some form. I might have made the presumption you were aware that that was one of the screenwriters, if that's the case

Edited by RedX

52 minutes ago, RedX said:

Attached to Peregrine's maybe? If not, that would be disappointing and a sign of poor marketing like with Star Trek Beyond. 

We would've known Monday if it's attached to Peregrine's. And why? Not really a great placement if you ask me...if they don't have it with Doctor Strange then we can talk about it being a sing of poor marketing. It's probably gonna be with Girl on the Train/Birth of a Nation, then Reacher, The Accountant and Strange.

3 minutes ago, antovolk said:

We would've known Monday if it's attached to Peregrine's. And why? Not really a great placement if you ask me...if they don't have it with Doctor Strange then we can talk about it being a sing of poor marketing. It's probably gonna be with Girl on the Train/Birth of a Nation, then Reacher, The Accountant and Strange.

A second trailer a month before its crowded release is terrible. A six month gap? That sure as hell didn't work for Beyond. There's no momentum behind this project that you see with other tent poles like Doctor Strange, Harry Potter, and Star Wars Rogue One. And its budget is on par with those movies or actually even higher. The movies you listed are also smaller movies and not even 20th Century Fox films.