A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

10 minutes ago, Neno said:

AC has problem called Rogue One. It's basically suicide to open a movie against Star Wars.  And if Passangers is any good that will also take from overall gross at the box office.  56M isnt  terrible. But for getting anything more than that this movie needs to have good word of mouth and critic response. 

Christmas movies tend to have better legs, something about that season and the uptick of consumers at cinemas during the weekdays. All depends on if it's good or not

10 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

boxofficepro's long range forecast is a disastrous 13 mil OW, 56 mil DOM

On the one hand, movies based off video games generally do very poorly. On the other hand, the games sold a LOT of copies and generally had good stories. The marketing has been fine so far, and if they can step that up AND its actually a good movie it could do very well.

• Like 1

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/222026/Marion-Cotillard-pleased-Assassins-Creed-tackles-new-themes

"I thought the script was really, really good," she told Total Film magazine. "I'm not familiar with the video game at all, but Justin is one of the greatest directors of actors I've worked with, so I knew that this adventure would be a big studio movie but also intimate and profound."

"I relate to her - I mean, that desire to end violence. The movie has all of these science fiction ideas about it, which I thought was really cool," said Marion.

7 hours ago, RedX said:

@antovolk Have you heard of screenings for AC going on at Odeon Cinema in London last week? 

3 hours ago, antovolk said:

Nope. If it's the Odeon Screen Unseen thing, that was Arrival.

A user on a Reddit thread is claiming so. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5bn6w0/assassins_creed_the_creed_mythology_hd_20th/