The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It is objectively flawed, two Rocky-like "rise to the top" repetitive montage in the same movie, crappy gestion of timeline and ellipses, ludicrous plotholes and conveniencies at every corners, lame twist and B-movie doomsday device chase. Nolan dropped the ball and is on "I'm so done with that superhero shit" auto-pilot mode, it's so clear if you don't see that you have two spears the size of a truckload in your orbits.

Posted Image

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

If you honestly truly believe this then I just think that you don't know movies.  

Seriously, Baumer. You're a cool guy and that, but here you just downright brag around that you apparently know movies better than anyone. You seem to be one of the few around here to claim that TDKR is worse than Breaking Dawn 2, and you're clearly in the majority, but that does never mean you're right. So please stop acting like the biggest deal there is an accept that everyone has an opinion on this.

• Like 1

It is objectively flawed, two Rocky-like "rise to the top" montage in the same movie, crappy gestion of timeline and ellipses, ludicrous plotholes and conveniencies at every corners, lame twist and B-movie doomsday device chase. Nolan dropped the ball and is on "I'm so done with that superhero shit" auto-pilot mode, it's so clear if you don't see that you have two spears the size of a truckload in your orbits.

Posted Image

And since you haven't mentioned Breaking Dawn I take it it's a far better movie than TDKR which deserved more Oscar love than it got. (At least it got Razzie love and won SOMETHING)

This city is in peril. They are being held by a madman. There is a nuclear bomb that could go off. People are desperate to be helped. So what is our hero do? Somehow manages to find a shit load of gasoline without anyone seeing him. Then he manages to scale a building and paint it with gasoline to represent the bat symbol without anyone seeing him doing it. This is all done with no money and nothing he has nothing he is broke. And he manages to light it on fire so that everyone knows that Batman is back. That one scene might give Batman freaks and Nolanites a hard on but it is one of the stupidest scenes I have seen in the history of film.

• Like 2

See that's the remark of a desperate man.  One who uses someone's like of a certain film to discredit their criticism of another, is just pointless.  We all have different taste.  I even said it's fine if your taste in film dictates that you love tDKR.  All I've said is that it's one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen with a script that needed about 3 more drafts.  It;s okay if you love it, but just know that it's a horribly written film.

See that's the remark of a desperate man.  One who uses someone's like of a certain film to discredit their criticism of another, is just pointless.  We all have different taste.  I even said it's fine if your taste in film dictates that you love tDKR.  All I've said is that it's one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen with a script that needed about 3 more drafts.  It;s okay if you love it, but just know that it's a horribly written film.

Pot, kettle, black.

For you to say that a film is horribly written and then defend the merits of significantly worse written films hurts your credibility to "educate" someone on what a bad film is.

You don't like TDKR, that's fine, but trying to convince others that your opinion is law and fact is trolling at the lowest common denominator, to say nothing for that asinine "50 films better" blog you posted.

While I'm at it, here's, in my opinion, a list of the directors with two or more films to their directorial credits who's worst film can go toe-to-toe with (and are of roughly equal quality) with Nolan's worst:

Stanley KubrickHayao MyazakiPaul Thomas AndersonEdgar WrightDuncan JonesJuan Antonio Bayona

And that's it., feel free to disagree if you want.

• Like 2

Solid A, has a high re watch value for me.Oddly enough someone mentioned constant obsession,but we all know Nolan has his fair share of haters who fail to give him his due mainly because  something as petty as their hatred for his fanbase.

Every director has haters. The word gets tossed around far too often by the way. Aside from jerks trolling hate, some people aren't as keen on select directors work as others. I'm sure you dislike a handful of widely loved filmmakers. People have different taste. It doesn't offend me when someone puts down a Polanski film or gripes about L.A. Confidential. Often times, it sparks healthy debate. And, if your reasoning's sharp, it will only further cement a fan's admiration for a filmmaker.

• Like 1

Solid A, has a high re watch value for me.Oddly enough someone mentioned constant obsession,but we all know Nolan has his fair share of haters who fail to give him his due mainly because  something as petty as their hatred for his fanbase.

Im far from a hater. TDK is my number 13 film of all time. So it has nothing to do with hating Nolan. TDKR is just a horrendously written film imo.

Somehow manages to find a shit load of gasoline without anyone seeing him. Then he manages to scale a building and paint it with gasoline to represent the bat symbol without anyone seeing him doing it. This is all done with no money and nothing he has nothing he is broke. And he manages to light it on fire so that everyone knows that Batman is back. 

See your missing the point, its not bad writing, its imply that you were not hooked, The movie didn't do its job for you.

When that moment happened I cheered! I was so excited, and so was my whole theater, why? cause we were hooked, invested in the story.

In TDK how does the Joker plan the school bus to come out at exactly the right time? horrible writing needs 3 more drafts.

Or how did the Joker rig the Boats? 

In Skyfall how does Bardem set up explosives for the underground trains??? not only that he does all this not for world domination but to kill M!? Horribly written, needs 3 more drafts. 

Every single movie, and blockbuster have plot points like that, they don't make sense but if a movie does its job and makes you believe, then you go with it. Its called be transported to another world.  Maybe it didn't transport you, but it did to others. TDKR is no stupider then 80% of the movie released. 

• Like 3