Olive

Weekend Actuals:TASM 62.0M/137.0M,TED 32.2M(-41%), Savages 16.0M

GOD. MY GOD. WHAT are you? Like WHAT are you? There was a range true. And 140 M is part of it, therefore I thought it was possible. I'm speechless. I don't know your purpose in life. I don't know why you are alive. I just don't know.

So if 140M was possible, why were you part of the brigade attacking people for posting predictions under 300M?

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

hilarious. This will make close to or surpass 900M WW and it's some kind of box office disappointment and the sequel is in doubt when other movies that make way less and also had big budgets and marketing costs (Star Trek 2009, Batman Begins, Thor, Captain America) are all hits with guaranteed sequels?

Edited by John Marston

You don't keep making movies where the Profit/Loss ratio is no longer in your favor just to keep the property from reverting back to Marvel.

Yeah, you do. Even if you just make a low budget version that never sees the light of day, like the early '90s Fantastic Four. Spider-Man would have to have a couple of bombs in a row before it got Fantastic Four'd. Edited by Orestes

Middle-school. And the fat kid was being bullied by the skinny shithead and his friends, until he went all Hulk on 'em...

The "sick" part is more about the one recording.The "bully situation" at school is terrible, i know it (well).

Well, they'll cut the budget as an obvious first measure. And, truthfully, I never could tell where 250 million went on SM3 or, considering I've not yet seen the film, 230 on TASM.

I think the budget went here:

Posted Image

More, considering that over 60% will come from OS, where the studio split is much smaller.

Oh right, forgot about that, good point.

hilarious. This will make close to or surpass 900M WW and it's some kind of box office disappointment when other movies that make way less and also had big budgets are marketing costs (Star Trek 2009, Batman Begins, Thor, Captain America) are all hits?

So do you have a crystal ball? Is it a guarantee this is making close to, or surpassing 900M WW? The OS markets outside of Asia are doing weaker than expected, and we don't know yet what sort of legs the film will have.Don't jump to conclusions yet.

So if 140M was possible, why were you part of the brigade attacking people for posting predictions under 300M?

I did not attack people because they were predicting less than 300 M. The argument was because of your, their attitude towards the film. It's not the predictions, it's the attitude.

Tell me, was your attitude towards this film, not full of hatred?

After seeing this I made myself clear that the only number I care for is one that is enough to make a sequel.

Guys, I know all this "it reverts back" business. Perhaps a sequel will indeed happen regardless if this is modest hit or a phenom 30 days from now. At the end of the day Sony still has a board of directors to answer to. If, IF this ends up being an underwhelmer of a "hit" the real pressure is on for whatever sequel may get made. You don't keep making movies where the Profit/Loss ratio is no longer in your favor just to keep the property from reverting back to Marvel.

This is in no danger of being a Superman Returns with the overseas numbers. Sequel is happening and it will almost certainly increase. Sony definitely knew it would be an uphill battle domestically, but they still announced a sequel.

Oh right, forgot about that, good point.So do you have a crystal ball? Is it a guarantee this is making close to, or surpassing 900M WW? The OS markets outside of Asia are doing weaker than expected, and we don't know yet what sort of legs the film will have.Don't jump to conclusions yet.

actually it had a good opening in the UK and a very good hold in Germany where it also faced competition from Ice Age 4.

hilarious. This will make close to or surpass 900M WW and it's some kind of box office disappointment and the sequel is in doubt when other movies that make way less and also had big budgets and marketing costs (Star Trek 2009, Batman Begins, Thor, Captain America) are all hits with guaranteed sequels?

uh Batman Begins had a budget of 130M hardly a big budget compared to TASM.

actually it had a good opening in the UK and a very good hold in Germany where it also faced competition from Ice Age 4.

UK and Germany are just two countries. There are many more countries where it's not that strong.