Olive

Weekend Actuals:TASM 62.0M/137.0M,TED 32.2M(-41%), Savages 16.0M

Yes. Because some people here act like one. FULL OF HATE. I pity their families. I really don't know what kind of relationships (if they even have one) these people have if they have this kind of character.

what
  • Like 3

Sony will make another one, they're desperate to keep the rights to Spiderman.

Well, it's not like they're doing it exclusively because they want to keep the rights. It's gonna end up being a very decent money-earner. Yeah, okay, it's not a record-breaker, but let's not spin this into some kind of disaster. We're still looking at 250 DOM and 900 WW at the minimum...

Did I change that? You don't know how to read? 140 M. God. Keep spinning.And I won't deny that I predicted 300 M for this.Wow, what a $%#*!

That's an interesting strategy. Just use a 20M range and pick the number that actuals end up closest and declare victory. I wonder why people don't do that.

Didn't this cost 430M with marketing included? 860 WW might not be such an easy feat.

That sounds about right, so it would need to make roughly 650-700M WW at least in order to be considered profitable.

That gif is sick.Highschoolers and their cellphones...recording violence because one didn't give his meal to the other.Anyway.

Middle-school. And the fat kid was being bullied by the skinny shithead and his friends, until he went all Hulk on 'em...

That sounds about right, so it would need to make roughly 650-700M WW at least in order to be considered profitable.

More, considering that over 60% will come from OS, where the studio split is much smaller. Edited by reddevil18

Unlike WB and Superman's film rights, Sony doesn't own the rights, they're leased from Marvel. Part of that lease states that they have to make a Spider-Man movie every x amount of years (5 i think) or the rights revert back. So, the early talk of sequels means more than zip because Sony isn't just gonna let Spider-Man go.

Guys, I know all this "it reverts back" business. Perhaps a sequel will indeed happen regardless if this is modest hit or a phenom 30 days from now. At the end of the day Sony still has a board of directors to answer to. If, IF this ends up being an underwhelmer of a "hit" the real pressure is on for whatever sequel may get made. You don't keep making movies where the Profit/Loss ratio is no longer in your favor just to keep the property from reverting back to Marvel.

That's an interesting strategy. Just use a 20M range and pick the number that actuals end up closest and declare victory. I wonder why people don't do that.

GOD. MY GOD. WHAT are you? Like WHAT are you? There was a range true. And 140 M is part of it, therefore I thought it was possible. I'm speechless. I don't know your purpose in life. I don't know why you are alive. I just don't know.

Guys, I know all this "it reverts back" business. Perhaps a sequel will indeed happen regardless if this is modest hit or a phenom 30 days from now. At the end of the day Sony still has a board of directors to answer to. If, IF this ends up being an underwhelmer of a "hit" the real pressure is on for whatever sequel may get made. You don't keep making movies where the Profit/Loss ratio is no longer in your favor just to keep the property from reverting back to Marvel.

Well, they'll cut the budget as an obvious first measure. And, truthfully, I never could tell where 250 million went on SM3 or, considering I've not yet seen the film, 230 on TASM.