CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

lol, so true. :lol: I've been arguing with Baumer and few others about TA effect but nobody wanted to listen. Good times ahead for Marvel fanbase.  :D  :D

Thankfully they won't be silly enough to say the same thing about Thor 2 and Captain America 2 :P

Amazing start OS, it's pretty much doubling or tripling IM2. With decent date in China, I think 650M OS seems possible with outside shot at 700M, if it receives great WOM.  :shades:

600 m be solid, especially if IM3 makes 400 m dom/1 billion WW.

650 m would great and would pretty much assure 1 billion.

700+ m would highly impressive and would put 1.1 billion and 10 ten WW in play.

They'll. Once Thor 2 overperforms then they'll move to CA2 and then GOTG.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Fast forward to Ant Man.

All the arguments with be the same as they were against Thor and GotG. "The concept is too silly to succeed". Even though by this point the haters would've been proven wrong almost half a dozen times.

Fast forward to Ant Man.

All the arguments with be the same as they were against Thor and GotG. "The concept is too silly to succeed". Even though by this point the haters would've been proven wrong almost half a dozen times.

They'll never learn, biggest thing Feige has created is the Marvel name brand. Fanbase has expanded quite a bit. Even if it's obscure, Marvel name will ensure 65M-70M OW and after that WOM will take over. Same applies to BP, Dr. Strange or maybe Captain Marvel movie. 

• Like 1

It always were to us who understand OS Boxoffice

That's not entirely fair. If it hits 600 mill, that's great. But the first two films didn't exactly do well overseas. So for those of us who thought it wouldn't double its gross, doesn't mean we don't understand box office, it just means I didn't see a reason for it to jump that much.

That's not entirely fair. If it hits 600 mill, that's great. But the first two films didn't exactly do well overseas. So for those of us who thought it wouldn't double its gross, doesn't mean we don't understand box office, it just means I didn't see a reason for it to jump that much.

We explained the Avengers Effect to you so many times, you knew guys, you just chose to be blind..It will double IM2, and it was expected.

• Like 1

We explained the Avengers Effect to you so many times, you knew guys, you just chose to be blind..It will double IM2, and it was expected.

Don't be so sanctimonious about it. And it's not locked yet to hit 600 mill. This is the beginning.

I had been arguing with you and few others about it. Ent said it best. TA effect, it expanded the base audience for IM and results bare that out. It's doubling or tripling IM2 even in developed markets like France, UK and Australia.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

Avengers did 900 mill. Its so obvious that IM3would benefit from that. 2/3 seems like the leastit could do. TF3 doubled from TF2. It was so in the cards that this would too. This was never going to make less than 600 mill no matter you look at it Im not talking down to people who thought otherwise, it was so obvious IMO
  • Like 1

I had been arguing with you and few others about it. Ent said it best. TA effect, it expanded the base audience for IM and results bare that out. It's doubling or tripling IM2 even in developed markets like France, UK and Australia.

Look at IM2 it jumped 20% OS, with being an IM rip, not a better movie and non-Avengers effect. IM3 has this so called Avengers effect, hype, non-IM/2 rip, better movie, so why not an 89% jump for 600M OS. Also has the China factor which should see a sizable increase.

If it hits 900 mill I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I simply don't get it, to be honest with you. Avengers is fun because they are all together. IM is fine, but I really didn't think there would be this much interest in him alone. Looks like I was wrong.....again.

• Like 1

Heh I surely wasn't expecting a doubling. I originally had it just shy of 600 with the same DOM/OS mix as TA. Definitely surprised but loving the results so far but question is will the legs be as good as your predicting. I hope so :)