CJohn

Fast & Furious 6 OS thread

firedeep, this is from BO.com

Fast & Furious 6 scored the highest ever opening day for Universal in the global box office after taking in $53.4 million from 34 markets. It is the highest opening day for any film in the Fast & Furious franchise.

There you go, that should answer the question from before. 

Edited by Sam

You are right. then sub 30M Thu ...  :(

So 200M opening at best ... x2.2 = 440M total

+ UK 19M

+Japan 25M

+AU 35M

China 70M

Almost 600M OS.

FF6 is not doing $35m in Australia. $30-32m is an optimistic total.

Even if it did reach it in AUD, its not going to be USD35m thanks to the dropping exchange rate.

Maybe ... but I thought FF5 did 26M there. would think a big jump like UK.

Its definitely going to open bigger when compared to FF5, but it wont finish that much higher.

And remember, an increase from 26m to 35m is like a film increasing from 260m to 350m in North America. A $9m increase here for a fifth film in franchise which has already come so far is a big, big ask.

Judging by the screen count and number of sold-out shows this weekend, it's going to have a HUGE OW here. The line at the theater I went was crazy. It took 1 hour standing in the line until I got my tickets :blink:. They had 6 screens for FF6, and it looked like all of the shows were sold-out.

I honestly think its OW could be close to IM3's, which is by far the biggest OW of all time. If that's true, with good WOM and no big competition until Man of Steel, a total over The Avengers (which was the highest grossing movie of all time, until IM3 broke the record) is possible. Having an Indonesian actor in the movie doesn't hurt either. Even if it's not that high, it will at least double or even triple Fast Five's number.

• Like 2

FF6 is not doing $35m in Australia. $30-32m is an optimistic total.

Even if it did reach it in AUD, its not going to be USD35m thanks to the dropping exchange rate.

Paul Walker is not Aussie enough for Aussies? He gets that Point Break look down pat. They should cast Chris Hemsworth's B-list brother, Liam. When he is not doing a lottery role like THE HUNGER GAME, he is unfairly cast in bit roles like the one in EXPENDABLES 2. That's cold, Mr Suits.

Judging by the screen count and number of sold-out shows this weekend, it's going to have a HUGE OW here. The line at the theater I went was crazy. It took 1 hour standing in the line until I got my tickets :blink:. They had 6 screens for FF6, and it looked like all of the shows were sold-out.

I honestly think its OW could be close to IM3's, which is by far the biggest OW of all time. If that's true, with good WOM and no big competition until Man of Steel, a total over The Avengers (which was the highest grossing movie of all time, until IM3 broke the record) is possible. Having an Indonesian actor in the movie doesn't hurt either. Even if it's not that high, it will at least double or even triple Fast Five's number.

Good news and waiting for the numbers :D