iceroll

Catching Fire OS Thread || 438m

I think Catching Fire will just barely get to the far side of $500m overseas.  I'll say $515.  The reviews are very positive (surprisingly so IMO, but then again I'm not a huge fan of the first one and haven't read the books), however I think that will be a bigger factor for the domestic box office.

My Catching Fire preview! Please check it out! And now with justified margins ha.

http://jaysonb593.blogspot.com/2013/11/catching-fire-is-ready-to-roast.html

nice article but one thing I must mention. Even good reviews can't always prevent frontloading. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a prime example

• Like 2

Catching Fire brought 1 million Brazilians to the movies on its first weekend out vs. The Hunger Games‘ 481,000 tickets sold during the same period.

Part of it is frontloadness like many sequels of popular movies experience.

Now, it's all about how legs will be to determine if it was more about frontloadness or a real rise in the audience and popularity.

Edited by Ent

It is, and it was shot in IMAX(partly).

Every single one of them. For 4 weeks until Hobbit.

Or... you meant how many "IMAX"-branded theaters in Russia? 32 theaters in Russia, 60 concluded contracts(on having-building) in CIS.

Overall, it'll have much more showings than Thor on his formal OW.

thx for the info

yeah I was asking abt IMAX in general

cant really afford to go there  :lol:

I'll wait for DoS :wub:

I'm so proud of my little country. In my city, Montevideo, there were originally 6 showings for tomorrow (at the movie theater that is premiering the movie), but ticket sales were so good that a couple of weeks ago they added 2 more. 5 of them are 90% full, 2 of them at 80% and there's one at 50%. Since it's with reserved seating I doubt any of them will sell out. In fact, there are 2 that are at a little over 90% that have been like that for weeks. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay to be in the front row...

Edited by maria4hitz
  • Like 1

I'm so proud of my little country. In my city, Montevideo, there were originally 6 showings for tomorrow (at the movie theater that is premiering the movie), but ticket sales were so good that a couple of weeks ago they added 2 more. 5 of them are 90% full, 2 of them at 80% and there's one at 50%. Since it's with reserved seating I doubt any of them will sell out. In fact, there are 2 that are at a little over 90% that have been like that for weeks. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay to be in the front row...

Sweet!