CJohn

Despicable Me 2 OS thread

Just a funny comment: if someone goes to foreign section of Despicable me 2 in BOM, there is a "little" mistake: it says DM2 has done 168 million $ in Spain

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=ES&id=despicableme2.htm

Said this, the "real" 16-17 million that it has already done in Spain is a quite good result.

If DM2 made 168M in Spain, it could have made 1B WW! :lol:

Just a funny comment: if someone goes to foreign section of Despicable me 2 in BOM, there is a "little" mistake: it says DM2 has done 168 million $ in Spain

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=ES&id=despicableme2.htm

Said this, the "real" 16-17 million that it has already done in Spain is a quite good result.

Clearly a simple typo, they added an extra 0 at the end.

Despicable Me 2 added $6.1m from 5,000 in 45 to reach a formidable $467.5m, rising to $823.1m worldwide including North America’s $355.6m. There are eight territories still to open including Italy, Japan and South Korea (Sept 12) over the next few months.

The family smash ranks number two in Russia after $3.3m from 852 elevated the running total to $28.8m. It overtook The Croods to become the biggest animated release of the year-to-date and the third biggest behind Iron Man 3 and Fast & Furious 6.

Despicable Me 2 added $590,000 from 353 in the UK for $68.2m (£44.7m) after eight weekends and ranks as the third biggest animation of all time in the UK behind Toy Story 3 on £74m and Shrek 2 on £48.2m.

• Like 1

Current markets alone would make 480M. At least another 30M from Japan, SK and Italy would make 510M. But still Madagascar 3 numbers are in the reach. 

Italy number can be huge. Koreans don't like cartoons but Japanese shows a fondness for American animation

look at MU incredible run there. $50M is very possible from these markets.