CJohn

Despicable Me 2 OS thread

The Minions took in an impressive $10.1 million from 2,500 dates in 40 territories over the weekend, as the animated sequel opened in its final two overseas territories. A $6.8 million opening in Italy was more than enough for the top spot in Italy, where it took 41% of the country's market share and recorded a 40% improvement over the opening of its predecessor. Greece contributed a $535K first place finish from 80 dates, as the film posted a 10% improvement over the debut of the original. Despicable Me 2 is the top film in Japan for the fourth consecutive week, dominating the box office with a 49% market share and a $19.2 million Japanese cume. Despicable Me 2 passed Shrek Forever After as the seventh highest grossing animated film of all time in the overseas box office. The animated film has grossed $522.1 million overseas and $885.2 million worldwide.

• Like 1

Only $8M more to top Madagascar3 os gross. Can it scrape past? :)

It just had a 10M weekend, of course it's going to make more than 8M for the rest of its run. It should pass Madagascar 3 next time we get an update in a week.