CJohn

Frozen OS thread

5M by saturday? ;)

Out of curiosity, what animated film currently holds the record, and how much did it make in admissions and $?

My projection:

Wed 300k

Thur  400k

Fri 450k

Sat 450k, total 5,2M ,taking down KFP(5.06M) as biggest Animated movie.

But exchange rate is much worse than 2011,KFP2 ticket price was more than $8, but Frozen 's is only $7.1.

• Like 2

Awesome to see Frozen is killing it in the UK. Not only is it the barely noticeable weekend drop, but I saw it yesterday at a weekday lunchtime in a London multiplex and there were about 12 people in my screening and when I peeked at a staff computer screen with all the screen stats, there were 28 pre-booked in the next one. Whilst those don't seem like massive numbers, the next highest screening until 5pm was The Wolf of Wall Street... with 20 people. So during a time when most of the target market are at school in a very off-peak time, Frozen entering it's NINTH week is still very popular and matching its weekday figures during it's first few weeks. Now this might just have been a rare occasion, but it shows the appeal it still has here with adults and this long after release. 

Edited by Dan9
  • Like 1

Agree....I think a Billion is a lock now.Friends of mine that live in Japan told me yesterday that the whole country is looking forward to the film. Their daughter's class is even taking a field trip in March to see it. They believe it will do more than MU.

• Like 2

Agree....I think a Billion is a lock now.Friends of mine that live in Japan told me yesterday that the whole country is looking forward to the film. Their daughter's class is even taking a field trip in March to see it. They believe it will do more than MU.

I have been thinking about what kind of impact to expect from japan and i have the feeling that many themes in the movie will resonate extremely strongly with the gp there. Though i mostly know about japanese culture secondhand i believe things like sacrifice for the good of others, being persistent in the face of great odds and the european fairitale setting in general should be bid draws... and as already mentioned by others 1B WW should be pretty safe since SK can make up for china underperforming and as long as japan does not completely bomb (which, as you mentioned should not be the case) everything should work out :)

Edited by chuck0

That's some awesome anecdotal evidence of Frozen's hype in Japan. Marketing seems to be working, alright. Any news about the amount of ads on streets and such? People said MU's stuff was everywhere.

I just feel this is a $100M movie for my neighboring country Japan. Especially after witnessing it made the miracle happen in my own country Korea. I thought I would never see in this life in this country that an animated film insanely overperform like this, aside from just, having a reasonable, deserving run.

Edited by yjs
  • Like 4

Looking at it optimistically:

Current total - 810

US - 55 (Enough to get past 400)

Korea - 30

Japan - 100

China - 30

Sweden - 10

Other Markets - 30

Total: 1.065, just over TS3.

I think it's a long shot, (still unknown if US can get to 400, for instance) but it's possible.

• Like 2

Yeah, Frozen´s run in my country is pretty insane, the first weekend was pretty good (1 million) but then that number increased for 2 consecutive weekends in a row (1.2 and 1.3 million respectively).

Maybe that explains why every single time I saw this movie (5 times) was either sold out or really packed.  :)

• Like 1