CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Frozen will get to 1b w/o japan. 

Japan will be the gravy on top!

This is something that might happen if SK train cease to stop. Plus domestic chugs along into its dvd release. But no way this cracks 100M in Japan or beat TS3 forget about Spirited away. 3D ratios suck these days for animation movies plus Japan 1st prefer home grown animation ahead of hollywood ones. 

South Korea

Sunday  500,243/ total 7,783,105

4th weekend - 1,169,486 -28.8% (last weekend was holiday weekend)

Cell #7 post holiday weekend 1.13M/8.86M total, and made another 4M after this weekend.

Frozen's weekdays are a bit weaker than Cell #7,but weekend is stronger..

• Like 2

I'm happy with anything above 70 million in Japan. That should put it over 1 billion. Don't forget Tangled only did 30 million in Japan so we don't really know how Frozen will do.

Tangled had the severe misfortune of being released during a huge natural disaster in Japan. I don't doubt it would have done double what it did if it had a normal run during normal times there.

Frozen will get to 1b w/o japan. 

Japan will be the gravy on top!

FROZEN debuted Wednesday in China and has grossed $13.7M to date. Worldwide total is now $913M ($368M Dom, $545M Int'l).

You're right. Another $30m SK + $17m China + $40m domestic + $913m = $1b WITHOUT Japan (and other markets that are still playing Frozen) :blink:

Edited by catlover

You're right. Another $30m SK + $17m China + $40m domestic + $913m = $1b WITHOUT Japan (and other markets that are still playing Frozen) :blink:

11% drop sunday to sunday could me mean 45m more in SK. It on pace w avatar now.

1.025b + Japan

TS3 Global going down!

How can it possibly be at 920 by Sunday? South Korea is post-holiday, the other holdovers tend to be weak on weekdays (so they have weakdays -.- ... oh my...) and that's it. Either it drops 20% domestically against Lego and has a 15M short weekend in China, or 920M is an impossibility. I'd say that without a double-digit 3-day opening in China, 910+ is not possible.

You just can't be pessimistic w frozen. 913.7m

1B is done. Damn the target just keeps moving up! But no complaints

When tracking boxoffice for a movie is there anything else as fun as a continually moving target? For most movies after opening weekend comes and gos we have a good idea of the target for the movie and it's just a case of "will it or won't it" hit the target.

With Frozen we've seen half a dozen targets just get annihilated, and still more coming, and that's just the Domestic targets. :D

• Like 2

It's possible SK and the US alone will get it to 1b, so even China to go is extra on top.

Topping TS3 doesn't look too crazy.

11% drop sunday to sunday could me mean 45m more in SK. It on pace w avatar now.

1.025b + Japan

TS3 Global going down!

Yeah I was lowballing the numbers. China could be bigger too. TS3 is the target now. And then in several weeks, we'll be talking about Skyfall WW. lol

I undestand that you think my prediction for Japan is insane, but come on, we are talking about FROZEN here!

The BO run of this movie IS insane so why not throw around an insane prediction? 

Oh, and Iron Man 3 worldwide is going down!