CJohn

Frozen OS thread

I undestand that you think my prediction for Japan is insane, but come on, we are talking about FROZEN here!The BO run of this movie IS insane so why not throw around an insane prediction? Oh, and Iron Man 3 worldwide is going down!

Iron Man 3 is at 1.2B. That's a pretty tall order now. Although Frozen being #1 movie of 2013 doesn't look bad. :D
  • Like 1

Iron Man 3 is at 1.2B. That's a pretty tall order now. Although Frozen being #1 movie of 2013 doesn't look bad. :D

Yeah I think IM3 is out of reach right now.   Unless of course Japan gets to Spirited territory which I  really doubt.  Just be happy where it's most likely going, top 10 WW.  Let that just sink in :D

Edited by WileECoyote

o.O

Okay, it looks like 'reasonable' just translates to 'wrong' when talking about Frozen. Over 910M worldwide after the nth 20+ OS weekend. Even the worst-case scenario (Lego hurting it big time, China's run ending on VD, domestic failing to reach 400M and SK losing its 'momentum') puts it above DM2 without Japan. 1 billion is locked, and TS3 is in serious jeopardy now. It seemed a completely silly, imaginative, crazy scenario just a few weeks ago. But if it really has to beat Toy Story 3 (arguably one of the 5 best animated movies ever), then I hope it's by a wide margin.

If it does 1.1b+, I'll consider it the 3rd best worldwide run in the modern history of box office.

• Like 3

o.O

Okay, it looks like 'reasonable' just translates to 'wrong' when talking about Frozen. Over 910M worldwide after the nth 20+ OS weekend. Even the worst-case scenario (Lego hurting it big time, China's run ending on VD, domestic failing to reach 400M and SK losing its 'momentum') puts it above DM2 without Japan. 1 billion is locked, and TS3 is in serious jeopardy now. It seemed a completely silly, imaginative, crazy scenario just a few weeks ago. But if it really has to beat Toy Story 3 (arguably one of the 5 best animated movies ever), then I hope it's by a wide margin.

If it does 1.1b+, I'll consider it the 3rd best worldwide run in the modern history of box office.

Other 2 are Avatar and Avengers?

Lets go all out. Stop being conservative and look at the current numbers and future possibilities.

Lets say Frozen wins Oscar and Disney pushes to TS3 level domestically.

4th weekend in SK.

Frozen  8.9m  57.9 total

With a 10% drop from last Sunday its got a shot to stay on pace w Avatar. Avatar had a holiday bump for the 5th week so frozen will lose its 4th weekend edge but keeps up.

Maybe China extends..

Japan draws bigger than SK...

the rest of the market held well and did 15m for the week and continues to hold.

Here's how it plays out.

current gross 914m. Plus...

US 42m

SK 52m

China 40m

japan 150m

all others 40m

Total 1.236 billion.

IM3 domestic and global, 

TS3 domestic, japan, global

All go down!

place your bets!

Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 2

Frozen grossed an estimated $24m from 47 territories through Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International over the weekend to reach $545.1m.

The Disney release crossed $900m at the worldwide box office to rank as the 28th biggest release in history, the fourth biggest animation globally and the fifth biggest internationally.

The film now ranks as the biggest non-sequel animation based on an original property of all time globally, internationally and in North America.

It is the biggest animation release in South Korea and Denmark, the biggest Disney or Pixar animation in more than 20 territories including Russia and Brazil and Walt Disney Animation Studios’ biggest release in more than 45 territories including the UK.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/frozen-leads-intl-bo-on-24m/5066517.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

• Like 2

Honestly, I thought Frozen's domestic run was incredible already. But now, following its international run, is so amazing and so fulfilling. This movie deserves every single penny it has made and so much more. I'm so proud to have been a part of this amazing journey, and I can't wait to see where we end up. Hopefully number 6 all time, past Skyfall, Return of the King and Dark of the Moon! But just think about it. A completely original property, that came out of nowhere, and now, we're talking about 400m domestic, biggest animated movie of all time, etc. It is truly amazing.

• Like 1