CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Ah, just awesome news. I wonder if the sing-a-long will happen in other bid overseas markets. I have Frozen coming in at about 1.1 billion, barring something amazing from Japan, but if the sing-a-long happens in enough overseas markets it actually could make a run at Iron Man 3 worldwide.

• Like 1

Source: from the website of one of the biggest movie distributing chains in korea.

http://www.megabox.co.kr/Movie/movieDefaultPlan.aspx

Sorry it's in Korean but next to the Frozen poster it says "winter kingdom singalong(SK title of frozen)"

Also by challenging avatar I meant challenging the Korean admission numbers of avatar (it's #1 all time in SK box office) No way of knowing at this moment how long it will be shown or how widely it will be distributed but with oscar bump it has a good chance of performing very well! :)

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 4

Do you think it will have the same kind of impact that it did in the U.S.?

Well, Let it go created a near syndrome over here with countless cover versions and parodies being produced. And it held first position in our top music charts for a period, which is unprecedented for a foreign song(let alone an OST for an animation film). it's still top 5 in most music charts too. The other songs such as "Do you want to build a snowman" and "for the first time in forever are all really popular too SO...frozen sing along has a great chance of doing well in my opinion especially with an oscar wins!

Seriously though, I can't imagine what frozen's final gross will be if it breaks out in Japan and they get a sing along too! :blink:

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 2

Okay, so I'm going to compare Frozen's run in Sweden with Tangled's, to see how the two latest Disney princesses stack up against each other and maybe get a ballpark figure of where Frozen might end up.First, here's Frozen's run so far.http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=SE&id=frozen2013.htmNext, here's Tangled's run in Sweden.http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=SE&id=rapunzel.htmOk, so there are a few things that jump out. First, Tangled had a higher per screen average from its first week, but Frozen is playing on way more screens. Second, while Frozen has posted higher numbers for its first three weekends, by weekend 4 Tangled has caught up and gone past Frozen. What happens this coming weekend will be very interesting as Tangled had a quite harsh drop in its 5th weekend.If I compare their 4th weekends and see how much more money they made after it, I get Frozen ending somewhere around $9,500,000. On the other hand, if I compare Frozen's 4th weekend with Ice Age 4s 4th weekend, I get Frozen ending up at around $12,000,000. If Frozen has a small drop of 23% or so next weekend I think it'll be headed toward 12 million or so, which could mean 3rd highest grossing movie this year. If it has a harsher drop, 9,5-10 million starts looking more likely.

Edited by raniE
  • Like 1

Still hoping that last week's total was underestimated by 3 millions (due to China's 18M yuan Sun not being included). In that case, Disney could fudge the numbers a little and make it pass 1 billion by Sunday, just to increase the press attention after the movie's possible double win at the Oscars.

• Like 1