CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

All Easter could mean is an underwhelming opening spread over four days rather than three

Are you serious? Kids have two weeks with no school. Two fucking weeks. Weekdays are gonna be massive. It is a great release date with no competition since Zootopia is opening in February OS.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Are you serious? Kids have two weeks with no school. Two fucking weeks. Weekdays are gonna be massive. It is a great release date with no competition since Zootopia is opening in February OS.

I'm sure it'll do fine, but the redcapes are coming out the same weekend :redcapes: 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm sure it'll do fine, but the redcapes are coming out the same weekend :redcapes: 

They don't come out on the same weekend. Easter holidays start one week before Easter weekend.

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Fine, then two weeks of underwhelming box office

Generally I think people put too much faith in holidays. Just because kids are out of school doesn't necessarily mean they're going to the movies

Two weeks of great, strong box office results.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Come on, that's just too low.

You haven't seen the freaking movie and yet you predict it on the lowest degree??

I don't buy the "Oh, but Zootopia will make KFP3 gross lower, because that's Disney" crap. I just don't!

Both movies will be big hits.....but let's not overfavor that movie and underline this one. Be more realistic than this.

I'm sorry, when was $135M a bad thing? Is it a fantastic number? No. Do I completely agree with Han? No, as domestic-wise, I feel a couple extra million can be added in, due to an entire month to its own with zilch family competition. But that's not a bad number at all. It's only just below the production budget, and with $545M WW, that's 3.75 times the budget, which even including marketing means that it made a pretty hefty profit. So why are you getting on him for predicting something that is both logical and still profitable for the studio?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'm sorry, when was $135M a bad thing? Is it a fantastic number? No. Do I completely agree with Han? No, as domestic-wise, I feel a couple extra million can be added in, due to an entire month to its own with zilch family competition. But that's not a bad number at all. It's only just below the production budget, and with $545M WW, that's 3.75 times the budget, which even including marketing means that it made a pretty hefty profit. So why are you getting on him for predicting something that is both logical and still profitable for the studio?

I know, i know......it's just that the last 2 KFP-flicks made over $600M WW.

But what worries me is what if the next DW movies aren't profitable enough.

What if other sequels don't increase over their predecessors, WW-wise?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I think Dreamworks will be content with this movie's performance. Making a profit at all isn't a guarantee for them anymore so they'll take it where they can get it, although I imagine this franchise is on its way out.

I believe a "Final Chapter" will happen if this ends with 550M+ WW.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Zootopia/Zootropolis is two weeks after KFP3 in the UK although both have previews. KFP2 only made £15-16m total so I'm not expecting KFP3 to increase much especially with Zootropolis as competition. 

Woah, originally it was meant to come out in mid February, they delayed it a lot until March 25. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Woah, originally it was meant to come out in mid February, they delayed it a lot until March 25. 

I think if Fox didn't have Alvin 4, KFP3 likely would have been released in February in the UK. In terms of kids competition, it's Alvin, Goosebumps and a dubbed foreign animated film called Capture the Flag so perhaps March was seen as more viable for both Fox/DWA and Disney. 

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think if Fox didn't have Alvin 4, KFP3 likely would have been released in February in the UK. In terms of kids competition, it's Alvin, Goosebumps and a dubbed foreign animated film called Capture the Flag so perhaps March was seen as more viable for both Fox/DWA and Disney. 

Capture the Flag is spanish. It opens here on March 31. Yeah, same is happening here. We have one week of school holidays in early February but FOX has Alvin 4 there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Not to mention Dads Army.

Also, Capture The Flag is a very minor film that is not doing particularly well and was never expected to do well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Capture the Flag is spanish. It opens here on March 31. Yeah, same is happening here. We have one week of school holidays in early February but FOX has Alvin 4 there.

I guess FOX see Alvin as a priority before KFP3. Oddly Capture the Flag is distributed by Paramount rather than a smaller distributor like eOne who usually released the dubbed foreign animated films. 

7 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Not to mention Dads Army.

Also, Capture The Flag is a very minor film that is not doing particularly well and was never expected to do well.

Will Dad's Army appeal to kids?, I want to see it but it seems it's aiming at the Marigold Hotel demo