ecstasy

Thursday Box Office

Then just provide a link, Jack. I did, so why can't you?This is the first I've heard of a marketing budget that high. Give me a link to where you got this information and I'll forward it to the powers that be here so they can make the necessary changes. ;)

Because repeating things that should be common knowledge by now is annoying. Especially when it has already been previously discussed on this forum.

Yeah it's tiresome because I did compare them ONCE. Really tiring right? And thank you for making up the Nazi thing. Would be great if you didn't invent things.

Nice try, but you've made ridiculous claims many, many times. The terrorist example may have only been one instance (although you were more than happy to defend it when someone brought it up), but you have on other occasions compared people to serial killers, said they lack the ability to love, and proposed they must not have had good upbringings. Your rhetoric is idiotic on a box office forum.

Hatred for Kay = any criticism towards spider man

Just answer the question dude. Just answer it. WHY CAN'T YOU ANSWER a simple question. You are one intelligent person right, especially judging by your posts here. So please just answer.

Is YOUR ATTITUDE towards this film not full of hatred?

Posted Image

No. The rule of thumb is 55% of domestic (it varies). International is more difficult to figure out but it's defintiely more than 10%. The only place where studies only get 10% is China.

He is just trolling Ariadne..... Avg. OS returns are 45% at worst, except China which is now 25%.

TASM will need to gross about 300m to sell more tickets than BB.Why are you guys getting so upset over a couple of posts comparing BB to TASM? They are valid comparisons, you guys can get uptight about nothing sometimes.

actually I believe ASM's 3D share was only about 40% or less so it may not have to do that much.the only problem I have with the BB comparison is when people are going to pretend that BB (which made 370m) is a huge box office success while ASM which will make 800m+ is some kind of failure. Don't tell me this nonsense that the worldwide gross doesn't mean anything, based on what I have seen it clearly does.

How can you be sure of that? Can you give a run down of how much tickets BB sold and how much TASM will have to make to surpass that? I just find this notion flip flopping' really.

If BB had the advantage of 3D back in 2005 it would have made 280-290m. If TASM makes 280m, then I think it's close enough to be considered a tie in admissions. Anything below that has to be considered less than BB.

Batman Begins had a far superior domestic performance than TASM, BB will have sold much more tickets in the end.

No it didn't & no it won't. What facts are you citing to support your theoretical claims? BTW, some of the Potter films can be considered BO disappointments domestically, ya know.

TASM will need to gross about 300m to sell more tickets than BB.Why are you guys getting so upset over a couple of posts comparing BB to TASM? They are valid comparisons, you guys can get uptight about nothing sometimes.

$300m is a 2.2 multiplier from the first 6 days, I still think that with a strong weekend added to decent holds after TDKR is released, $300m aren't out of the picture.

Because repeating things that should be common knowledge by now is annoying. Especially when it has already been previously discussed on this forum.

Common knowledge? Why haven't I seen it then? I'm not exactly a lurker...

you are not a hater for predicting 250m. A hater is someone that is spinning absolutely everything (even the worldwide gross as negative) and pretending the reviews are more negative than they are, which many people here gladly will do/did

My point is that I was called a hater for predicting 250m before the film opened. We have loads of two-faced hypocrites here, who were loud to state that the SM brand will do 300m+, but now they celebrate 250m. It's just fake. It's like me celebrating 490m for TDKR (which wouldn't be a bad number) after predicting 600m+. And kayu, Chris, AA, please quit bringing TASM WW total to play, that makes you guys weak and desperate, it's doing fine OS, we're discussing the domestic run, which is clearly disappointing. Edited by The Dark Alfred

Nice try, but you've made ridiculous claims many, many times. The terrorist example may have only been one instance (although you were more than happy to defend it when someone brought it up), but you have on other occasions compared people to serial killers, said they lack the ability to love, and proposed they must not have had good upbringings. Your rhetoric is idiotic on a box office forum.

Why reply to an idiot, smart kid.

True, but I don't think anyone is expecting TASM2 to compete with TDK either. Batman has definitely passed Spidey at the box office. That much is certain. But Spidey is not exactly a slouch.

Definitely not, I would say TASM2 is almost uncharted territory, Spiderman is definitely no slouch but who would have thought 10 years ago that Iron Man would sell more tickets than SM in NA?TASM2 has as much chance of decreasing domestically as it does increasing, the release date is really good, but WOM I've been hearing is mediocre for TASM.