Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Conversations like that are definitely taking place, sure. Doesn't mean they're not stupid...Copycats can act ANYTIME, during ANY movie. Pulling this movie is completely idiotic. A more "logical" step, going by YOUR so-called logic would be to shut down theaters completely, not to play ANY movie, not just TDKR.

My logic is this is front page news across the world and people are dead. My point is whether or not this kid has some deranged link to the movie or not. His actions could inspire some other mentally unstable people out there who are one triggering-event from doing something stupid in a copycat action. Following along?The movie has 200 million reasons why NOT to pull it this weekend, but this is a PR disaster and tons of people are NOT going to see it this weekend due to this tragedy.

What are the biggest midnight openings?

Is $27M a record?

I thought DH2 and one of the Twilight movies did more than that?

DH2: $43.5m

BD1: $30.25m

Eclipse: $30m

TDKR: $27m (estimated)

New Moon: $26.3m

HBP: $22.8m

He made a post a couple pages back saying this shows how insane and crazy Nolan/Batman fans were, like they had something to do with it. I'm not referring to the "I'm not making a WWW thread post."

That's the one CJohn was referring to.

In my opinion, let the BKB thing go. There's no cause to see who can pose as more indignant than the last.He made a post that was clearly inappropriate (though not nearly justifying the "Oh no you di'int!" hatred here), and has CLEARLY backtracked and tried to make amends.No need to pile on. He's apologetic. Let it go.