Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

You're an idiot. Yeah, people get killed everyday, but 12-14 people massacres like this in public places do not happen every freakin day in the US. This is columbine all over again, that was 13 years ago and that is still remembered today.Anyone who is brushing this off is completely out of touch because they're either from another country, lying on purpose or doesn't have the mental capacity to understand what's going on.

Again, wasn't being serious.

Gitesy and THR said it was doing around 90 million.Then Nikki said it was doing below TA in terms of ticket sales during Friday and then it did worse.

That doesn't tell us anything. Preliminary predictions can be (and have been) off by a lot.

The Friday number minus midnights is terrible. I don't know how people can pretend it is not

Get some fucking perspective. One of the biggest mass shootings in American history occurred yesterday at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Excuse me if I don't think $77 million is a terrible opening.Jesus Christ people.
  • Like 3

I think we should wait until Monday to officially have a meltdown. WB isn't reporting grosses, rentrack isn't reporting WW grosses, so they and Nikki are basically guessing ATM. I expect a bigger number than what's being reported. No doubt that there was a huge impact from the events, though. If that 30M midnight said anything, its Fri number would have been much bigger

The business was as usual in the UK, we started the night with 3 screens and ended up playing TDKR in all of them, took Magic Mike and Spidey off and added two late shows! So with 30m midnight in the bag without 3am showings and early matinees suggesting 90m, clearly the film was headed to a huge opening. We don't know what could have happened and frankly it's idiotic to try to put the tragedy into numbers.

Also people here should act like humans and realize that it's not a normal weekend, so calling anything a disappointment or refer to previous predictions are stupid and pointless and as legit as discussing GI Joe's summer box office.

Posted Image

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 6

Nope. TDK already sold a crapload of tickets. Not falling behind TDK is a win.

Given the circumstances it sure is. But that's the only reason it's matching TDK right now. It should have been a lot higher.

I think America really has to do something about their gun laws. When you compare the gun related homicide figures with the rest of the world, it's just embarrassing and shameful. What has that country come to when people trying to enjoy a movie are senselessly murdered? I feel sick thinking about it.

• Like 1

Its the 7th biggest Non Midnight friday but out of the top ten in ticket sales.TA: 62 millionSpider Man 3: 49.8TDK: 48.6 millionTHG: 47.5 millionDH2: 47.5 millionDMC: 46.8 millionTDKR: 46.6 millionNew Moon: 46.4 millionTF2: 46 million

Again, wasn't being serious.

Sorry then, there was no way I could have known she was joking though (I haven't read other posts by her to know if there was a pattern).

Get some fucking perspective. One of the biggest mass shootings in American history occurred yesterday at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Excuse me if I don't think $77 million is a terrible opening.Jesus Christ people.

$77m doesn't sound too bad, but it does when $30m came from midnights. Day business suffered badly.

You're an idiot. Yeah, people get killed everyday, but 12-14 people massacres like this in public places do not happen every freakin day in the US. This is columbine all over again, that was 13 years ago and that is still remembered today.Anyone who is brushing this off is completely out of touch because they're either from another country, lying on purpose or doesn't have the mental capacity to understand what's going on.

He was impersonating Baumer.

Anyone arguing with Baumer over the Joker interest is either in denial or delusional. Just look at the numbers from the previous films.Batman 89- $251,000,000/$464,000,000 adjustedReturns- $162,000,000/$264,000,000 adjustedForever- $184,000,000/$277,000,000 adjustedB&R- $107,000,000/$152,000,000 adjustedBegins- $205,000,000/$240,000,000 adjustedTDK - $533,000,000/$568,000,000 adjustedObviously throw out Batman and Robin because it was terrible, but if you take the non Joker films, all of them were in similar range for adjusted gross income. Now, today I prefer Returns to '89, but when I was a kid watching them I was kinda disappointed in Returns and I remember that sentiment from critics and friends too, so maybe that cut into the BO a bit, but for all intents and purposes all of them, including Begins (yes I know B&R played a part in the lower BO) were in the same ballpark. Compare Batman '89 adjusted to TDK adjusted and you can't deny a Ledger curiosity factor in there. So at this point it looks like this movie is going to blow away every other non Joker entry in the series and probably wind up at '89's adjusted or a bit over that. Unless your expectations were crazy there is nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

So 77.2M is the number right now...... decent but only just.Was there another number before this???..... because judging by the reaction it seems there was a very low number........

So the mentality is that if you go to TDKR you will die but if you go to any other movie than you should be fine?

No. That the content of the movie and what it's about might put people off seeing it this weekend. Everyone knows the movie centres around a crazed masked madman bringing a city to its knees. Don't you think that might make people feel a little differently seeing it straight away?! Of course it will!!