Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

There is no other reason. A superhero film that made 30m midnights should be doing gangbusters this weekend. Not the case. Great WOM, got an "A" Cinemascore, etc. Everything was going the films way until this happened.

This is true...IF you consider that the film should have achieved some of the 200M+ numbers being thrown around pre-release. Some people just think that the film was heavily over-predicted before it came out, and the shooting compounded its misery, in addition to some other factors associated with TDK.

I guess I wasn't wrong when I said ASM had to make as much money possible before July 20th. :blink:I can't help but think that this event severely hits midnight screenings for a while. I imagine a lot of parents too concerned for their daughters' safety to let them see BD2 at midnight.

We have notfabio's report that this is 'nowhere near DH2's business'.

We also had notfabio's report that it only did marginally better on midnights than TA (about 3500 vs 3300) but actually it destroyed TA's midnights. Edited by Elessar

Families are the biggest deterrent to the films day business. Obviously parents are worried to bring their kids to see this in light of what happened and so the matinee business in result take a HUGE hit. The night business which is primarily the teens and young adults are the primary fan base and are going to see it regardless so it helps save some face but the day business is what helped films like SM1, SM3, and TA achieve their record breaking Saturdays.Staying flat from Friday will be a win IMO.

Anyone who claims that the shootings have had little to no impact on TDKR's BO this weekend are blowing smoke up their ass. Plain and simple.

No one is saying that the shooting didn't have an impact at all, its just that amusing Nolanites are in shock and blaming IT ALL on the shooting and ignoring some facts like no Joker, no dead celebrity hype, and a film that isn't on par with TDK(from pretty much everything I've read, incudling most critic reviews).TDKR will crawl past 400m, best case secnario.

Can someone please give me a very quick update?

OD somewhere between 77.2-low 80s. Doom and gloom about film's prospects based on a few extrapolations of lower-than-DH2 business on Saturday. The shooting does appear to be stifling the business a bit. I would just wait until Monday for concrete numbers rather than mass hysteria and conjecture.

No one is saying that the shooting didn't have an impact at all, its just that amusing Nolanites are in shock and blaming IT ALL on the shooting and ignoring some facts like no Joker, no dead celebrity hype, and a film that isn't on par with TDK(from pretty much everything I've read, incudling most critic reviews).TDKR will crawl past 400m, best case secnario.

Just shut up with the "Nolanite" garbage please. You do not need to be a delusional fanboy to see what's going on this weekend.

I got back to my parents' house this afternoon and my dad was watching CNN. Still heavily covering this story. Yesterday I heard old ladies at work talking about it and they referenced the film in a negative light. They never had any interest in seeing the movie, but now they're talking about it for the wrong reason. Imagine how this is going with casual audiences who were interested in possibly watching it. As I said, the film got nuked.

People living outside USA have no idea the coverage it's getting with news channels. (24/7) At this point, it wouldn't shock me if it misses TDK or even SM3 OW and then people will realize the effects the shooting had.

From HSX-

"Just thought you guys might want some BATM3 Comparisons from my theater today.

BATM3 Down 25% from AVG opening Day, Down 10% from Harry, up 2% from TWIGH.

BATM3 Sat Mat Down 48% from AVNG, Down 47% From Harry, Down 40% from TIWGH."

:mouthdropped:

Batman is screwed.

When the number comes in at 39-40M, you'll still say shooting had minimal to no effect. :rolleyes:

I said if it misses $40m i'll concede that it had a big effect and i mean it. Edited by Elessar

No one is saying that the shooting didn't have an impact at all, its just that amusing Nolanites are in shock and blaming IT ALL on the shooting and ignoring some facts like no Joker, no dead celebrity hype, and a film that isn't on par with TDK(from pretty much everything I've read, incudling most critic reviews).

TDKR will crawl past 400m, best case secnario.

TDKR is an absolute lock to break 400m.

From HSX-

Batman is screwed.

Clearly our expectations were just too high. :rolleyes:

From HSX-

Batman is screwed.

Lmao holy fuck.