Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Here's my TDK breakdown (24):2008July - 8 times during opening week twice in IMAX on second week, once in Leicester Square 1000 seaterAugust - went to Hungary for holiday, watched it at local premier twice in IMAX that month in the UK, once in O2 centerSeptember - birthday viewingOctober - took my parents to IMAXNovember - discount theatre viewing2009January - Prince Charles viewing after dvd release, sold out showsummer - BB/DK double bill2010Prince Charles - £1 surprise film of the month viewing2011September - twice at IMAX festival2012July - IMAX All Knighter24 viewing. Sounds crazy, but when you look a the breakdown it all makes sense. Only the first week was crazy, but the hype was huge and it had a great momentum, loved every screening.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1

The most I've ever seen any one movie in theatres is twice!

Five times for me. Avatar and TPM. But, I initially saw them 4 times and then saw them again for their re-releases.I also saw TDK 4 times, each time on IMAX. Edited by CloneWars

I've seen TDKR 4 times. Midnight in real IMAXAbout 6 hours later at 9am in regular 2d on FridaySaturday morning in real IMAX (coincidentally, this was the one Red was at for his first viewing)Sunday night in regular 2dWill watch it a 5th time in IMAX on Wed and I'll be done with it for maybe a month where I'll watch it just once more or so. Will probably end at 6 or 7, but 5 of those would be in the first week.

I saw Tinker Tailor 12 times in theaters..... Usual max is three times, unless it's exception then it's usually 5 times. Seen TDKR 4 times already, and contributed $124 in tickets, and probably that much in concession as well already.

Edited by riczhang

OMG... I paid to see TTSS once and I regretted it. I was falling asleep in it. And I NEVER fall asleep at the movies! I can think of nothing worse than sitting through that twelve times lol. (MAJOR unpopular opinion but I thought it was a dreadful movie 'saved' only by great performances)

Before Nolan the max. was always 3-4 times. Except JP, that I saw more than 10 times at matinees when I was a kid. 2005 changed things, SW 4 times, BB 5 times, WotW 7 times. Then got a job in the cinema. Certain films need multiple viewing, saw TWB and ITW four times. That was enough, knew that more viewing would ruin the film. Actually I'm surprised that I only saw Inception 10 times compared to TDK's 24 lol

Edited by The Dark Alfred

OMG... I paid to see TTSS once and I regretted it. I was falling asleep in it. And I NEVER fall asleep at the movies! I can think of nothing worse than sitting through that twelve times lol. (MAJOR unpopular opinion but I thought it was a dreadful movie 'saved' only by great performances)

I loved it, thought it was the best movie since There WIll Be Blood, and before that Pulp Fiction/Thin Red Line. (I have Thin Red Line marginally behind TTSS right now, but that changes on a daily basis.) Absolutely perfect, and brilliant.

Before Nolan the max. was always 3-4 times. Except JP, that I saw more than 10 times at matinees when I was a kid. 2005 changed things, SW 4 times, BB 5 times, WotW 7 times. Then got a job in the cinema. Certain films need multiple viewing, saw TWB and ITW four times. That was enough, knew that more viewing would ruin the film. Actually I'm surprised that I only saw Inception 10 times compared to TDK's 24 lol

I remember seeing Inception, again, and again, with friends, with family, with different groups of friends, with the polo club, with the rugby team, by myself at the end of the run, in dollar theaters, probably saw that a good 10-15 times. Edited by riczhang