Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I think the only place there'll be an effect is CO. It's the same as a plane crashing or bombing at a mall. People will still go out and a repeat so soon is rare

They're pulling the adds though. It's an overreaction, but it's going to hurt the box office.

Why stop the ads? Doesn't make sense. The film has nothing to do with it. At the end of the day it's not a forced issue if you're stupid and you think that because of this tragic event your life would be in more danger going into the cinema, then you don't go. Let people decide. Don't make things worse. Life should go on as normal otherwise there will be more fear. There's not much to analyse when it comes to an insane mind. Suicking the story like a vampire will only make things worse.

I think WB feared that violent ads may cause some backlash. Studio PR departments are very sensitive to these type of things. They also removed Gangster Squad ads from all theaters. Expect them to tone these ads down and they will start running by next week.

Copycat fears are always real in situations like these. Odds of it happening in your theater are miniscule but odds of some crazy person trying to pull it off in some theater somewhere isn't that small.

That's an excellent point. But at least now people are on the alert for these things. After opening day, fans will not be dressed up as much and will be more on the regular side. So it will be easier to spot something out of character. But nobody was checking for this thing. People were out to have fun attending the biggest event film of the year. Wasn't ready for this.

Why stop the ads? Doesn't make sense. The film has nothing to do with it. At the end of the day it's not a forced issue if you're stupid and you think that because of this tragic event your life would be in more danger going into the cinema, then you don't go. Let people decide. Don't make things worse. Life should go on as normal otherwise there will be more fear. There's not much to analyse when it comes to an insane mind. Suicking the story like a vampire will only make things worse.

Actually the film does have something to do with it, or at least TDK does according to the latest news. The psycho apparently said he "was" the Joker and was kinda dressed like him. He also did it after TDK during the trilogy screening, almost as if he was picking up right where Joker left off. So yeah I can kinda see why there's immediate concerns with ads and whatnot right now when the killer's motives likely tie directly into the movie. It may be overreaction but we're gonna get a lot of that in the coming weeks. This will leave a huge stain on the legacy of this franchise. Edited by MovieMan89

I think WB feared that violent ads may cause some backlash. Studio PR departments are very sensitive to these type of things. They also removed Gangster Squad ads from all theaters. Expect them to tone these ads down and they will start running by next week.

Gangster Squad is different, there's a scene where they shoot up a theatre.

But didn't Gangster squad have a scene in the trailer where they were shooting up a theater?

He could be found liable. This is lawsuit happy America you know. One chick sued McDonalds because her coffee was too hot.

He wouldn't be found liable. And yeah McDonald's coffee was too hot. It caused 3rd degree burns. That's too hot.

I don't get how it's his fault?

Oh i think like you but legal actions seem so easy/exagerrated in the US that some people present in that theatre could think "let's sue the head of the place where we lived that nightmare!"...

That's an excellent point. But at least now people are on the alert for these things. After opening day, fans will not be dressed up as much and will be more on the regular side. So it will be easier to spot something out of character. But nobody was checking for this thing. People were out to have fun attending the biggest event film of the year. Wasn't ready for this.

Very true.

He wouldn't be found liable. And yeah McDonald's coffee was too hot. It caused 3rd degree burns. That's too hot.

No it isn't too hot. Its normal.. If she had spilled her own coffee fresh out of the pot at home, she would have received the same burns.
  • Like 1