Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Except I don't really think too many news outlets would be putting a positive spin on any numbers for the movie. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Positive or negative, the idea that they would care about money at all right now would be sure to draw ire.

No backstory. Loved TDK....liked BB...found TDKR to be very lazy and underwhelming. A bit shocked by a lot of the 'best movie evar!' that's getting laid on thick around here regarding it. No one requires my presence as a counter to all that sunshine pumping but I think I'll hang out for awhile just the same.

Not asking you to leave, just wanting to understand your angle. As sunshine pumpers on one end, you represent the opposite. I am fine with both sides, just curious as to why some hate.I find myself in the middle FWIW.

“Out of respect for the victims and their families, Warner Bros. Pictures will not be reporting box office numbers for The Dark Knight Rises throughout the weekend. Box office numbers will be released on Monday.” http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/warner-bros-may-not-report-box-office-for-dark-knight-rises-all-weekend/

Edited by kayumanggi

I don't know if WB can truly "block" or cut off the numbers. There are several other sources these days after all.

^ this, there are too many holes along the route for a block to be effective.

Not asking you to leave, just wanting to understand your angle. As sunshine pumpers on one end, you represent the opposite. I am fine with both sides, just curious as to why some hate.I find myself in the middle FWIW.

Fair enough. I'm just a bit leery of folks that put TOO (IMO only of course) positive a spin on a film. In another thread I point out that the sound mix seemed a bit muddy at points with the score drowning out dialogue in a few instances. And 2-3 people immediately jump to the film's rescue for what is very slight criticism. Believe me the sound issues are the least of my problems with this film.

“Out of respect for the victims and their families, Warner Bros. Pictures will not be reporting box office numbers for The Dark Knight Rises throughout the weekend. Box office numbers will be released on Monday.” http://www.deadline....es-all-weekend/

OK, I was understanding it before, but this really makes no sense. They're still reporting the numbers, they're just doing it on Monday?! It's not like everyone will just forget about this by then.

Being happy for TDKR losing to TA when you know very well that real-life death and tragedy is part of the reason for it?

Or it could be because TA was a more entertaining movie and have nothing to do with the shootings.