Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I would say the nearly 200,000 users on IMDB who voted the film as an average of 7.1 (and undoubtedly higher on OW as is standard) means the film was generally well-liked...if people can point to TDKR's current IMDB score as proof of incredible WOM, I think my inference is valid. I personally thought it was an average film but I don't think that was the general thought.

IMDB is a very fanboy crowd, so 7.1 for a SH movie isn't good at all. (Also EL&IC got 6.8, so a 7.1 isn't all that good by this count either)

I would say the nearly 200,000 users on IMDB who voted the film as an average of 7.1 (and undoubtedly higher on OW as is standard) means the film was generally well-liked...if people can point to TDKR's current IMDB score as proof of incredible WOM, I think my inference is valid. I personally thought it was an average film but I don't think that was the general thought.

7.1 is hardly unanimous acclaim for a Marvel film on IMDB. The horrendous legs are much better evidence than some people on a single website.

This is a pointless argument if legs turn out to be better because of the deflated OW.

Just for argument sake, if this opens to 165, what would it have to drop next weekend for you to consider it a good drop?

Sorry, I thought you were arguing that TDKR was bound to follow the same fate as BR regardless of the shooting or not. Or are you?

yes, I am.

7.1 is very average on IMDB.

It's a bit above average...the original Transformers film has a similar score, and no one will debate that WOM for TF was fairly good. Extrapolating your own beliefs on a film's general reception is pointless. I realize a lot of you hated IM2, but most people thought it was just fine...certainly not bad enough to have "bad" WOM.EDIT: And of course, I see that there is little point in debating this on a BO website. Since OW multiplier is being taken as the ultimate indicator of WOM rather than any other statistic, I will defer and hopefully let the IM2 bashing die down a bit. Edited by nAlkaline

Just for argument sake, if this opens to 165, what would it have to drop next weekend for you to consider it a good drop?

55% or lessEDIT: Mind you this is for a good "drop," not a good run. Edited by Sims

Big news!Big numbers!Not counting Ocean franchise, Soderbergh didn't make 100M since...Traffic!

He really doesn't make blockbuster movies. He thinks he's an auteur or whatever they call it. He's always experimenting.

It's a bit above average...the original Transformers film has a similar score, and no one will debate that WOM for TF was fairly good. Extrapolating your own beliefs on a film's general reception is pointless. I realize a lot of you hated IM2, but most people thought it was just fine...certainly not bad enough to have "bad" WOM.

IMDB = FANBOY CROWD = 7.1 SCORE FOR A SH MOVIE = NOT GOOD. This make sense to you now?
  • Like 1

IM2 is incredibly forgettable. Half of it is tablesetting for Avengers and you can feel how disinterested Faverau is. I have high hopes for IM3 because Shane Black is awesome and RDJ was at his best in Avengers. I'm worried about Kingsley though because the villains in this franchise have been seriously lightweight.

No way do I think it was headed for that large of a drop off, but to each their own.I certainly think it is now, though...

I don't think its heading to that much of a drop off either. My original prediction was 465. I'm sticking with that.

IM2 is incredibly forgettable. Half of it is tablesetting for Avengers and you can feel how disinterested Faverau is.I have high hopes for IM3 because Shane Black is awesome and RDJ was at his best in Avengers. I'm worried about Kingsley though because the villains in this franchise have been seriously lightweight.

Kingsley should be fine, he's an excellent actor.