Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Where can I read your review without spoilers :) ?

Haven't written one. I'm out of town on a cell phone. Here are my general points:1. Third act destroys BB/TDK third acts.2. Two scenes near end made me tear up, which has never happened to me in a theater.3. Acting was great across the board.4. Loved how much it tied in with BB.5. IMAX footage was stunning.
  • Like 4

What's this about a longer cut? Someone fill me in?

I remember sometime ago some people saying the first cut of the movie was 4 hours.EDIT: Apparently it was later confirmed that the 4 hour version was a hoax. Edited by CJohn

Haven't written one. I'm out of town on a cell phone. Here are my general points:

1. Third act destroys BB/TDK third acts.

2. Two scenes near end made me tear up, which has never happened to me in a theater.

3. Acting was great across the board.

4. Loved how much it tied in with BB.

5. IMAX footage was stunning.

1) I'll give you BB, but disagree so much about it destroying TDK's 3rd act. So much. Just Two Face's arc/Oldman's final speech in TDK alone automatically gives TDK the TKO in that department.

5) Really? I found the Imax footage shockingly disappointing and unnecessary. Especially after seeing TDK in Imax immediately before it and its truly breathtaking Imax sequences.

I think this was mainly due to the fact that TDKR contains only about 15 minutes of actual Batman screen time (one of my huge complaints with it) and also no epic action scenes like TDK's freeway chase/truck flip one.

Edited by MovieMan89

I am hearing 'Call Me Maybe' right now. Massive Shooting + 12 deaths + Weekend's Box Office all fucked up + Having to wait until August 2nd to see TDKR all together is destroying my soul.

Ah, I remember this now. Didn't he postpone the film because of The Aviator?

He had been dead for quite some time when the movie was released, maybe a family member?

J. Nolan's first draft was 400 pgs, and just taking the 1pg=1 min rule that's a 6 hr 40 min script

It's probably longer than that. FOTR had a ~110 page shooting script, and the run time was a lot longer than that. I would kill to see that first draft, and there's probably a director's cut that may not be 4 hours, but maybe 3 hours+.

Ah, I remember this now. Didn't he postpone the film because of The Aviator?

Yes. The studios didn't want two Howard Hughes biopics out at the same time. Although, Nolan's work supposedly looks at Hughes later half of his life whereas Aviator focused more on a younger Hughes. Anyway, I say bring it on Nolan. If anyone is a fit director for the job, it's Nolan.