Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Batman Returns was also not a very good movie.

Batman Returns is a great movie and actually received better reviews. Much improved over Batman, imo. It is tied with TDK for my favorite Batman fim. Its backlash at the box office had nothing to do with its quality.

If this did not happen it could been TDKR 190m OW Avengers 200m OW could been a great box office runs. I am sure Joss Wheldon and Marvel did not want to win this way. It is like playing a sports team and having their best players injured and winning. You really do not feel like wining.

I honestly doubt these guys put stock into beating each other.

At my main Regal theater, Avengers sold out eight shows on Friday including Midnight, and 9 on Saturday and Sunday. TDKR sold out eight or nine Friday, five yesterday, and five so far today.

At my main Regal theater, Avengers sold out eight shows on Friday including Midnight, and 9 on Saturday and Sunday. TDKR sold out eight or nine Friday, five yesterday, and five so far today.

Usually good Sunday holds for superhuge movies like this one are due to people being unable to go to sold out shows on Saturday and Friday. But if there's a good hold today, it would be more indicative of people being more comfortable with the idea of returning to the movie theater in general. Which, of course, would be a good sign for the box office going forward.

True story and he turned out to awesome as both Bruce Wayne and Batman. Michael Keaton is def under appreciated.

Maybe I need to see these movies again, but I was one who hated Keaton as Batman. Bale, to me, is the ideal Bruce Wayne. He is ridiculously handsome and debonair - the way I've always envisioned Bruce Wayne to appear. But Bale also is in great shape with the strength to pull off the acrobatics and fights performed by Batman. Keaton's scrawny frame and "Mr. Mom" vibe never convinced me. After Bale, I did like Val Kilmer (for the same reasons I liked Bale). However, will readily take Keaton over George Clooney. Clooney is great in many roles, but Batman wasn't one of them.

It's a damn shame this isn't going to beat DH2 OW, This whole thing is Tragic. Worst weekend in Box Office History. I have Tickets for IMAX next week cause I saw it on regular screen, I wonder how I'm going to feel going back to the theater after everything. I know It's going to feel differently. One thing for sure is everyone needs to pay more attention to your surroundings when you are in a public place. Make sure you sit close to exits and know where exits are. This whole situation should teach everyone it's not about being paranoid but be prepared.

Edited by filmscholar

Usually good Sunday holds for superhuge movies like this one are due to people being unable to go to sold out shows on Saturday and Friday. But if there's a good hold today, it would be more indicative of people being more comfortable with the idea of returning to the movie theater in general. Which, of course, would be a good sign for the box office going forward.

Very true, but we had over 25 showings per day this weekend, so the good hold today seems less indicative of spillover and more indicative of comfort in returning to the theater.