Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Yea all the headlines were "Batman Massacre" or "The Dark Knight Movie Massacre". The craziest part about this is last night I reported Cops at the movie theater in NYC and now the Mayor is putting the NYPD in theaters all across the whole entire city. L.A. is reporting the same. It seems in Big Cities the chance of a copy cat is really greater but this happen in a small town. Again it's sad cause I really enjoyed the movie and left the theater with a smile on my face. I get home and hear this and it just ruined the experience. I feel so hurt and sad for those people. As someone who has seen so many movies at Midnight, All I could think is "This could of been me, I see midnights all the time". I'm sorry for those people, I really am. I'm also sorry for the Cast and Crew of TDRK cause this shouldn't of happen, they just wanted to give us joy at the theater. I heard WB cancelled the Paris premier and sources are saying Nolan and crew are devastated by the news.

I have a feeling all cities and Imaxes will police with all weekend.

Read a few finnish reviews. Generally good, but one critic said its "one of the most provocative movies in years" and "a brilliant depiction of post-9/11 america" but one critic said its"terribly obvious with its metaphors"

For all those who submitted reports over the last 12-24 hours, please check the Help Desk pinned topic with banned/suspended users for an update. We've addressed several members who caused some concerns overnight.

LMAO!I just read that topic for the first time, pretty hysterical.

I find it very hard to believe that this will pull in 70 million on a Saturday in late July. Doesn't work like that.Saturday will be flat or decrease from the non-midnight Friday gross.

On a normal weekend, yes it will be hard. But this weekend is an anomaly which i hope never happens again.

I can confirm that WB requested the immediate removal of the GS trailer. Yes MoS is playing before TDKR in regular screens, but not in real IMAX. As of the film, it is truly great, not as good as TDK, but beats every franchise threequel. The crowd reaction was fantastic so far, not sure how this tragic event will effect its run, but under normal circumstances it's locked for 3x multiplier.

Nothing is locked for a 3 multiplier these days IMO

I wouldn't exactly call Aurora small. Its population is 300,000+ and is essentially Denver's neighbor. And it happened in a big multiplex.

Edit: Misunderstood the first time. Edited by lab276

OMG that's terrible, TDKR is apparently a wonderful movie, we should celebrate this movie, this great moment,I'm so sad about this, and the children, poor families :(Some people here should be shameful to make fun of Mitt Romney, Fox News or other things, this tragedy isn't political, it's not about GOP or Democratic Party, about guns, about politics, it's about a crazy bastard.I will watch Batman TDKR next week, and I will enjoy the moment I'm sure of it.I'm with you America and American people.30M+ is a good number or not? Say me please!!!

Edited by Fullbuster

Read a few finnish reviews. Generally good, but one critic said its "one of the most provocative movies in years" and "a brilliant depiction of post-9/11 america" but one critic said its"terribly obvious with its metaphors"

Hmm. Well I don't know if they are metaphors but the message about decadent living and the wealth gap is loud and clear. This is a Recession movie.