CJohn

Monday (7/23/12) Numbers: The Dark Knight Rises - 19.5M

... Point blank, I feel like there needs to be no further evidence. When the

-HOLLYWOOD REPORTER is saying early on that it is heading for 85-90 million Friday

-Normally low baller Gitesh Pandya says "Super early to know for sure, but source tells me #TDKR now heading for possible high 80s FRI incl midnights"

-When Nikki reports Friday afternoon that it is on pce for "high 80s at least"...

... Without the shooting, we are looking at least 85 million on Friday, and 180 million for the weekend; i would say those are conservative numbers.

But have any of them(HR, Pandya, Nikki) said what you're saying(as absolute, mind you) now, since those early Friday projections? 'Cause until they, and others like them, DO... your opinion remains just that... your opinion. Edited by Sin Graft

But have any of them(HR, Pandya, Nikki) said what you're saying(as absolute, mind you) now, since those early Friday morning projections? 'Cause until they, and others like them, DO... your opinion remains just that... your opinion.

Uh, you talking about those early friday projections where THR and Nikke said things looked "normal?" I believe that answers your own question. And not even add that Pandya predicted 185 for it. :rolleyes: Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

I have seen the movie three times since the shooting became headline news. The first in a sold out Imax showing, the second in a fairly crowded Saturday night showing, and yesterday at noon in a half full showing.One thing I have noticed is everybody seems to do "the head turn" through the film. Anytime someone enters the theater from the exits, during the movie, I see the head of anybody who happened to notice the person jerk towards them instinctively immediately.I wonder why.Anyone doubting whether or not the shooting is dominant news need look no further. Even for the people seeing the movie, they are thinking about throughout it.

Saw my first movie since the incident and i caught myself doing that and that was with at screening with more security then usual. Just plain weird sitting in a theater nowadays.

Uh, you talking about those early friday projections where THR and Nikke said things looked "normal?" I believe that answers your own question. And not even add that Pandya predicted 185 for it. :rolleyes: Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

:lol: You Bat fans should know all about denial, you've pretty much cornered the market since day 1(< i.e., since TA opened).
  • Like 2

If there are 3 good Avengers movie made I might make a comparison. It's hard to make a good trilogy.Back to the topic, TDKR is headed to a $400M domestic gross which isn't bad.

It's hard to make a good trilogy.

I agree. I was hoping Nolan could but he failed. No shame in that, Part III's suck more often than not (Especially when the second film is strong).

But have any of them(HR, Pandya, Nikki) said what you're saying(as absolute, mind you) now, since those early Friday projections? 'Cause until they, and others like them, DO... your opinion remains just that... your opinion.

Before the shooting everyone said TDKR was headed for mid to high 80s

I agree. I was hoping Nolan could but he failed. No shame in that, Part III's suck more often than not (Especially when the second film is strong).

in your opinion....I thought it was great and compared to other comic book trilogies and other trilogies in general it's about as solid as you can get. LOTR, Original Star Wars, Toy Story, and i'd have to say Nolan's Batman flicks are right there or at least in the discussion.I liked the TDK but looking back on it I find it overrated at points, though it's still a classic movie. TDKR outclasses it in every department except the Joker, and Anne and Hardy were GREAT in their roles. Look at it as it's own entry and maybe give it another view and i think when people look back they'll be fond of these movies.Btw, enjoy this trilogy because with the tragedy fallout, whenever Batman comes back it could/will be bastardized into 1960's esque Batman by a paranoid studio

No people were saying mid-high 80s midday after the shooting.

No, after the shooting estimates were slowly changed to low 80s and then high 70s by Nikky, Rth, etc.... Edited by cremino

in your opinion....I thought it was great and compared to other comic book trilogies and other trilogies in general it's about as solid as you can get. LOTR, Original Star Wars, Toy Story, and i'd have to say Nolan's Batman flicks are right there or at least in the discussion.I liked the TDK but looking back on it I find it overrated at points, though it's still a classic movie. TDKR outclasses it in every department except the Joker, and Anne and Hardy were GREAT in their roles. Look at it as it's own entry and maybe give it another view and i think when people look back they'll be fond of these movies.Btw, enjoy this trilogy because with the tragedy fallout, whenever Batman comes back it could/will be bastardized into 1960's esque Batman by a paranoid studio

Fair enough but I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. TDK is more consistent in tone, has better pacing, is more visually interesting and has a more viable plot than TDKR. TDKR is a convoluted checklist film that pulls a lot of dramatic punches with it's fan service ending.

And Disney...thanks for the link to that blast from the past thread. It's too bad that BKB couldn't rein in his abrasive and at times inappropriate style because the dude was dead on with his predictions of what would make Avengers so popular. Also interesting to see how consistent some of the Nolan fans have been in their defense of TDKR.

And Disney...thanks for the link to that blast from the past thread. It's too bad that BKB couldn't rein in his abrasive and at times inappropriate style because the dude was dead on with his predictions of what would make Avengers so popular. Also interesting to see how consistent some of the Nolan fans have been in their defense of TDKR.

I don't think you want us to dredge up BKB's predictions for Incredible Hulk and The Dark Knight. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  • Like 1

Avengers fan rejoice! The better movie has lost this battle!

No, the worse movie lost. But we knew that was going to happen already. However, it doesn't feel like the time to celebrate.

Come on now, we dont have to act like our opinions are facts ..
  • Like 2