baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

And I don't know one person who loved it as much as TDK. I can read reviews on line where people loved it and I'm not denying that there are a lot of people who do love it. But there are enough people out there that found it too dark and somber and void of fun. So it is having an effect. You can't honestly believe Shawn that a 76% drop from OD until today is strictly because are afraid to go sit in a theater.

There was also the Olympics.

Avengers 2 could very well suck. But being on Team Avengers I'm glad I have something to look forward to. Nolanite Batloonies are DONE. This is all you get. And if it continues to underperform that will linger for a LONG time. Well unless Man of Steel is depressing enough to be the next film you all flock to.

And I don't know one person who loved it as much as TDK. I can read reviews on line where people loved it and I'm not denying that there are a lot of people who do love it. But there are enough people out there that found it too dark and somber and void of fun. So it is having an effect. You can't honestly believe Shawn that a 76% drop from OD until today is strictly because are afraid to go sit in a theater.

It appears the entire media seems to think so. Not only him.

Avengers 2 could very well suck. But being on Team Avengers I'm glad I have something to look forward to. Nolanite Batloonies are DONE. This is all you get. And if it continues to underperform that will linger for a LONG time. Well unless Man of Steel is depressing enough to be the next film you all flock to.

I probably won't. Batman's always been my favourite superhero. Superman is just boring.

Speaking as a Batfan, we have plenty to look forward to since WB is rebooting very soon. Won't be surprised if they release a movie in 2015.

• Founder / Operator

I'm simply suggesting that a 76% drop by itself is meaningless. We always knew it was going to drop big because of the midnight take. The problem here is that we're used to having finite circumstances by which to qualify these kinds of drops -- but that isn't the case this time.Between the other films dropping hard last weekend, their apparent failure to recover this weekend, the Olympics beginning, and the national backlash of moviegoers as evidenced in NRG's tracking -- you have to admit, there's some strong evidence there.If WOM is the primary factor affecting TDKR, why is almost every other film in the market now struggling too? Edited by ShawnMR

Most of my friends have no desire to see it so I've only talked to about five or so people who have. One really liked it, two were like 'meh' and two didn't like it at all (One comic book fan in that, but two are fans of comic book MOVIES). Miniscule sample size but enough to convince me that reviews are mixed.

Yeah and reboots ALWAYS go SO well...

There is a lot of potential with Batman, moreso than any other superhero character. Key is hiring the right people. I just hope they don't copy the formulaic Marvel Universe. I didn't buy for one second that Tony would die in Avengers because they were making IM3 at the exact same time that I was watching the Avengers. The crossover "universe" storytelling kills the individual movie's storytelling if everything has to tie in. I'm sure WB will try to copy it, and if they do I'm sure it will not turn out very well. What they should be trying to do is create a live action version of Batman: The Animated Series.

I probably won't. Batman's always been my favourite superhero. Superman is just boring.

The problem with Superman is that he's too powerful for there to be any real drama IMO. It's like in Star Trek...you create the transporter and then you have to figure out how to break it in half the episodes so our heroes can actually face some sort of legitimate physical threat.

Speaking as a Batfan, we have plenty to look forward to since WB is rebooting very soon. Won't be surprised if they release a movie in 2015.

I hope they don't reboot it very soon. Leave Batman alone until after the decade's over at least. I know they need money and stuff, but... seriously? Edited by lab276

Shame, I thought you were better than that.
  • Like 2