baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

I haven't seen anyone giving Snyder a pass for his mistakes just because he's associated with Nolan on Man of Steel. If anything I've seen people hoping that Nolan puts him on a leash and keeps him from doing all his stupid little tricks (slow-mo out the ass, too much CGI, overstylized cinematography, etc.). There's a lot of mixed buzz around the film, so we'll see how it goes. I liked what I saw in the Comic Con trailer, but of course it's just a trailer.

I think that Snyder has the potential to be a good filmmaker on its own. And I don't see them as mistakes, just like you don't seem to see TDKR as a mistake and I do. I say let the guy win or fall on its own. I believe that he seems to be in the right track, micromanage him to stop thinking like Nolan when he says that his Supes will be the only superhero in his universe and voilá, MoS becomes the first film of the DC Movieverse. It seems fitting, honestly. Edited by Chris O Donnell

Nolan/Goyer were only really involved with the story for MOS according to Nolan. He's leaving Snyder alone for the most part. I'll give Snyder most of the credit if MOS succeeds. I hope it does.

Nolan/Goyer were only really involved with the story for MOS according to Nolan. He's leaving Snyder alone for the most part.I'll give Snyder most of the credit if MOS succeeds. I hope it does.

Nolan is full of shit. Seems convenient that Hans Zimmer is scoring the film instead of Tyler Bates. Snyder is the director so he will ultimately be the one who receives either the credit or blame, but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a micromanaged mess. Seems like he didn't have much leverage coming into this project after some flops. If it has too many cooks in the kitchen, then they all deserve the blame (Green Lantern situation?).

Sucker Punch was complete garbage imo. I mostly loved Watchmen though.

That film is really powerful with me for some reason. I love what he is trying to achieve there and it's a film that the end truly "sucker punched" me. I just think that with time, the film will get a cult following, just like I see it happening with Watchmen and I hope it will happen with Scott Pilgrim as well.

Nolan is full of shit. Seems convenient that Hans Zimmer is scoring the film instead of Tyler Bates. Snyder is the director so he will ultimately be the one who receives either the credit or blame, but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a micromanaged mess. Seems like he didn't have much leverage coming into this project after some flops. If it has too many cooks in the kitchen, then they all deserve the blame (Green Lantern situation?).

After The Avengers and now TDKR, for the future of the DC Movieverse is a good thing if Nolan loses part of his "power" over the DC films. MoS can use his name to propell some good will, but what I really want is to MoS to be Warner's competent answer to Iron Man and become the start of the DC Movieverse, something that Nolan doesn't believe in. Unless he has changed his mind, I want him to stay away from the DC characters after TDKR and do his own thing.

After The Avengers and now TDKR, for the future of the DC Movieverse is a good thing if Nolan loses part of his "power" over the DC films. MoS can use his name to propell some good will, but what I really want is to MoS to be Warner's competent answer to Iron Man and become the start of the DC Movieverse, something that Nolan doesn't believe in. Unless he has changed his mind, I want him to stay away from the DC characters after TDKR and do his own thing.

I don't want him involved either, but I'm also against the DC universe crap. I'll be pissed if they do something like the climax of Avengers where Iron Man is supposedly in danger of dying even while they've got a Iron Man sequel in development. That crossover stuff kills the storytelling in both films, whether it's the climax of the team-up movie or the plot of the individual movie. I'm a Batman fan. Don't really care about the other DC characters, and I'll be pissed if the storytelling in potentially good Batman films ends up being hindered in the way that IM2 was turned into an Avengers trailer. I just want good Batman stories to be brought to the screen.

I don't want him involved either, but I'm also against the DC universe crap. I'll be pissed if they do something like the climax of Avengers where Iron Man is supposedly in danger of dying even while they've got a Iron Man sequel in development. That crossover stuff kills the storytelling in both films, whether it's the climax of the team-up movie or the plot of the individual movie. I'm a Batman fan. Don't really care about the other DC characters, and I'll be pissed if the storytelling in potentially good Batman films ends up being hindered in the way that IM2 was turned into an Avengers trailer. I just want good Batman stories to be brought to the screen.

That's why we need Paul Dini and Bruce Timm involved. Trust me, the Marvel Movieverse is brilliant in my opinion, but it's possible to make it even better. If they get involved and Warner throws a shitload of money to them... Trust me, it's happening. I understand your position, but that guy's video brought my attention to something I never had realized before: Batman works better when we know that while he is doing his stuff with no meta human powers at all. Have a little faith, mate. I think that The Avengers is the biggest wake up call to all the studios making superhero films right now, but the one I have more faith that can emulate what Marvel did and with a real shot of having what it takes to make it better is Warner.

While I haven't been convinced yet that Friday with actually will wind up at 18m , asuming it does at present I'll go with sat being bet 24.8-26 see later if I think it will differ, SUP4 looking to be under Fri and Watch get slight bump

• Like 6

Sucker Punch was complete garbage imo. I mostly loved Watchmen though.

80m-dollar slo-mo style-over-substance crap. Snyder's direction in Watchmen was crap too, and the only reason the film, as a whole, didnt turn out to be a complete shit, was because the original comics provided a good story in the first place.
  • Like 1

Regarding Colorado Theater shooting effecting TDKR Box Office why not create a poll.

First 2 Questions

Q1. Did you intend to see TDKR in theater on OW?

Q2. If the answer is yes. Did the shooting prevent you from seeing TDKR in theater on OW?

This will give an idea what the % of the effect on OW

Second 2 Questions

Q1. Did you intend to see TDKR in theater?

Q2. If the answer is yes. Did the shooting prevent you from seeing TDKR in theater?

This will give an idea what the % of the effect on overall Box Ofice

If the questions are answered honestly I think you get a pretty good idea % wise. Want be accurate but it will give some perspective.

NRG already did a poll. They said 20%-25% of people were still hesitant to go tot he movie theaters this weekend.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-poll-25-percent-americans-hesitant-movie-colorado-shooting-354948

I like the synergy of the Marvel films. You keep bringing up this Iron Man thing, but it's a non-issue. Superheroes don't die, and if they do die, they are revived or replaced with a "similar model." So, whether or not IM3 was announced before Avengers is irrelevant. The existence of IM3 isn't spoiling anything. Superheroes don't die.

While I haven't been convinced yet that Friday with actually will wind up at 18m , asuming it does at present I'll go with sat being bet 24.8-26 see later if I think it will differ, SUP4 looking to be under Fri and Watch get slight bump

So around a jump in the 40% range? Looks like its making up for some lost ground.