baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

TDKR started out third after 3 days, dropped to 5th by its 7th and is now 3rd again.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/grossbydays.htm?days=10&p=.htm

Also of note:

After their initial runs, this is the highest each Batman film ended up on the all time list:

Batman- 5th

Batman Returns- 26th

Batman Forever- 24th

Batman & Robin- 124th

Batman Begins- 60th(BTW, this is where TASM will end up if it gets past Jaws at 260m)

The Dark Knight- 2nd

The Dark Knight Rises- Highest possible- 6th. Lowest- 11th, Most likely 7th-8th.

• Like 1

TDKR started out third after 3 days, dropped to 5th by its 7th and is now 3rd again.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/grossbydays.htm?days=10&p=.htm

Also of note:

After their initial runs, this is the highest each Batman film ended up on the all time list:

Batman- 5th

Batman Returns- 26th

Batman Forever- 24th

Batman & Robin- 124th

Batman Begins- 60th(BTW, this is where TASM will end up if it gets past Jaws at 260m)

The Dark Knight- 2nd

The Dark Knight Rises- Highest possible- 6th. Lowest- 11th, Most likely 7th-8th.

Top 10 would be awesome.

http://boxofficemojo...?days=10&p=.htm

Also of note:

Batman- 5th

Batman Returns- 26th

Batman Forever- 24th

Batman & Robin- 124th

The Dark Knight- 2nd

How the Spider-Man franchise compares...

Highest position ever on all time list:

Spider-Man- 5th

Spider-Man 2- 8th(So TDKR compares favorably to SM2)

Spider-Man 3- 15th

The Amazing Spider-Man- Highest possible- 57th. Lowest- 66th, Most likely 59th-61st.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!â„¢
  • Like 1

Unless Friday and/ or Saturday go up to compensate for the Sunday drop.

Or Sunday receives a similar bump to Saturday from people who watched the Olympics ceremony Friday night. That seems to be what WB is expecting. I think 20% is the smarter approach. Anything better than that would be nice.

lulz. The film basically jumped the shark during that sequence of events. The sonar eyes for Batman seemed like it was thrown in there for the toy companies. Last 10 minutes with Batman/Dent/Gordon is great and saves the final part of the film from being a complete letdown.

The last 10 minutes are the best in any SH movie. Such a powerful quote by Gordon plus the music was fitting. Gives me chills, anytime I see it. :) :)Academy can screw themselves for the major snubs other than Ledger. If he was alive, chances are he wouldn't have won the Oscar. Bunch of pretentious A-holes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Or Sunday receives a similar bump to Saturday from people who watched the Olympics ceremony Friday night. That seems to be what WB is expecting. I think 20% is the smarter approach. Anything better than that would be nice.

After the Friday nightmare, I'm just happy that it will be over 60M for the weekend.TDKR should finish around 1.1B+ WW. Anyway you slice, it's a massive success for WB.

Only 12.5% drop for Avengers!! YAY!Needs another 6.3M to reach 3x multiplier.Iron Man had made another 4M after 450k weekend, so it can do it.

It'll. I have been saying all along that 3x multiplier will happen. Remember, it still has dollar theaters plus Disney usually give their movies a boost during Labor Day weekend. DVD/BIR release, isn't for 2 more months so it should play in theaters until then.

In fact TDKR would need the exact same legs as TDK from here on out to hit $475m and pass TPM. And TDK had some awesome post 2nd weekend legs.

If the box office recovers, it will...