baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

400m is a lock but it's disappointing given TDK numbers...Thankfully OS markets are there.

It is still good for me unless it is below $440mil (my lowest prediction) considering shooting, no Joker and Olympic factors etc. The good news is overseas doing good but China might be having a big risk there, which it may be banned from entering.

Depressed enough to stop writing? Doubtful. Something else may be going on.....

Maybe Amazon fired him and are looking for a guy who can make better predictions...... like BKB! :P

His last article was 10 days ago titled Forecast: Can 'Dark Knight Rises' Top 'Avengers' Opening? Just saying. ;)

well, if the figure truly are $18.8 million-----not too bad

That's what I am estimating. Refering to TDK's jump for 2nd Friday, I count for about 36% jump to $18mil, then around 21mil SAT and $17-18mil SUN = $57mil, but I think it can do better than this number. It must have good legs later to get to $450mil~

The ceremony had a bigger impact than expected due to Dannty Boyle's overlong, boring mess. It lasted way longer it should have been, really killed the late shows in my cinema and probably killed the afternoon screenings in the US.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

Huge difference in both cases, especially Inception since there were no Olympics it had to compete with that year. TDK was different because the Olympics started in the middle of August that year. TDK was already on its 4th weekend during the opening weekend. And anyways TDK was such a phenomenon I doubt much of anything would have affected it. Movies like that only come along very scarcely. They could never count on TDKR being the same kind of phenomenon. That was extremely arrogant if they did.

Yep. If anything (some) fans were arrogant with their bullish predictions.

While I had been hoping for 18m Friday at least, not sure its going to get there it could be in the 16.5-17.5 maybe 18 range (hope i'm wrong), StepUp 4 should be at around 5.5 and come in #2, IA4 could edge out Watch for 3....see how it all looks later.

Not the news you were hoping forFri TDKR 17.2-17.6 (say 17.3),SUP4 5.1, Watch 4.6, IA4 4, Ted 2.1, TASM 1.8, Brave 1.2, MM 900k
  • Like 4

Not the news you were hoping forFri TDKR 17.2-17.6 (say 17.3),SUP4 5.1, Watch 4.6, IA4 4, Ted 2.1, TASM 1.8, Brave 1.2, MM 900k

Thanks RTH. Nikki wrong as usual then. Well at least it wasn't the low end of your range. Still not a good number though.

The ceremony had a bigger impact than expected due to Dannty Boyle's overlong, boring mess.

Interesting. So an overlong, boring mess impacted an overlong, boring mess.
  • Like 2

My band was playing a bar where they had the opening ceremony for the Olympics on a big screen behind us. The sound was down....but Rowan Atkinson was cracking the whole bar up. (I gotta go find that on Youtube and watch it)Not sure how this will effect box office...but the bar was pretty darn busy. It seems like a lot of people were out having fun. Good news for the movies? Hard to say.

Edited by Harpospoke