baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Actually, before the shooting happened there was only a $27m number reported. The actual ended up at $30.6m, which put it right on target for $180-185m.

I do remember people talking $27m-$30m, and I do remember people saying $170-$175m after that. But I guess that blaming the shooting alone makes the film look better, isn't it? Look, it had an effect. There is no denying on that. But there are other factors at play. This shooting talk prevents of talking about the film's real problems. But suit yourself.

For a Batman movie? Yes. But closely to TASM than TA. Similar numbers after having opened in most of the OS markets. It's good, but isn't earth shattering. So you were expecting that it wouldn't be earth shattering OS but it would break the admissions record in NA?

Please stop talking regarding issues you have little knowledge about. The fact that you even think it's underwhelming and can be nothing more than good shows how utterly biased you are and can't take your personal feelings of the film, its fans, and its reception from predicting box office. You can write ten more essays for people, but they end up becoming large walls of texts that are ignored by 99.9% of the members here. I'm trying to tell you not to waste your time writing so much when no one takes you seriously.
  • Like 5

I do remember people talking $27m-$30m, and I do remember people saying $170-$175m after that. But I guess that blaming the shooting alone makes the film look better, isn't it? Look, it had an effect. There is no denying on that. But there are other factors at play. This shooting talk prevents of talking about the film's real problems. But suit yourself.

Oh yeah, because you're not projecting your own view of the film onto its box office performance. I'd say judging by Mendelson being off by $100m in his cynical prediction about its legs, he was doing the exact same thing.Look, these were my predictions before the shooting: $175m opening and $450m total. That total is pretty much where it will end up. It's basically doing what I expected it to do for the total. My reasoning all along for my prediction was the lack of Joker, the lack of a dead actor playing the Joker, and the long runtime of the film would hurt its replay value compared to TDK. That's pretty much exactly how it's playing out.

Please stop talking regarding issues you have little knowledge about. The fact that you even think it's underwhelming and can be nothing more than good shows how utterly biased you are and can't take your personal feelings of the film, its fans, and its reception from predicting box office.

You can write ten more essays for people, but they end up becoming large walls of texts that are ignored by 99.9% of the members here. I'm trying to tell you not to waste your time writing so much when no one takes you seriously.

Okay. Let's blame the shooting and the lives that was lost and the media talking about the shooting for all of TDKR's problems. It clearly would make 181.7m OW and there would be talks about Best Picture nominations by now. My bad. :)

iJack, stop with the facade already. Your attempts to downplay this movie in every regard has pretty much surpassed RTX's pathetic attemtps to shit on TA. His subtle way of downplaying it was humorous. Your attempts are just annoying.

RTX isn't subtle, either. But he's not as dumb as iJack because he knows not to write long-ass posts.

iJack, stop with the facade already. Your attempts to downplay this movie in every regard has pretty much surpassed RTX's pathetic attemtps to shit on TA. His subtle way of downplaying it was humorous. Your attempts are just annoying.

I'm done TALKING about this film here. You people are no better than Ahmad. We either AGREE that the shooting is responsible for the movie's all problems or we are wrong. Keep going the pity party for a movie's box office as you wish.

Okay. Let's blame the shooting and the lives that was lost and the media talking about the shooting for all of TDKR's problems. It clearly would make 181.7m OW and there would be talks about Best Picture nominations by now. My bad. :)

$181.7m?LOL. It did $161m with the shootings. To show you how much, my cousin (we're both in London right now) almost wanted to leave the screening because she was worried two people next to us might start shooting because they kept getting up.

I'm done TALKING about this film here. You people are no better than Ahmad. We either AGREE that the shooting is responsible for the movie's all problems or we are wrong. Keep going the pity party for a movie's box office as you wish.

What pity? It's a 2hr45m film that's going to do over $1b worldwide with the shootings, and most importantly, be regarded as the conclusion to one of the most ambitious and best franchises ever in film.No pity here.
  • Like 3

$181.7m?LOL. It did $161m with the shootings. To show you how much, my cousin (we're both in London right now) almost wanted to leave the screening because she was worried two people next to us might start shooting because they kept getting up.

Fear is irrational.Why poeple can't grasp that ?

Sorry RTX wasn't subtle. Poor choice of wording. He would pop in two to 4 times a day and give us a couple sentences about how it still underperformed when it clearly was owning. Couldn't think of another word... Shit vocabulary. iJack, on the other hand, pops in 6500 times a day and each post gives us a novel that needs an index page.

Jack, no one is saying the shooting is the cause of "all of the movie's problems." Hell, I predicted a number of problems for this film long before July even got here. People consistently underestimated the Joker effect with B89 and TDK, and they also underestimated the Ledger effect. I just hope that people will learn their lesson and actually pay attention to the history of the franchise. This film is on track to sell 20-25% more tickets than Batman Forever, previously the most attended non-Joker Batman film. Considering the shooting, that is one hell of a performance IMHO and even without the shooting it would still be a damn good performance.

What pity? It's a 2hr45m film that's going to do over $1b worldwide with the shootings, and most importantly, be regarded as the conclusion to one of the most ambitious and best franchises ever in film.No pity here.

Of course. And the shooting is the single one problem that TDKR has going for it. Keep going, blame the shootings when Nolan's best film evah isn't nominated for best picture as well.

Of course. And the shooting is the single one problem that TDKR has going for it. Keep going, blame the shootings when Nolan's best film evah isn't nominated for best picture as well.

It shouldn't be nominated for Best Picture. It's a comic book movie with tons of very comic booky elements. I didn't think TDK deserved to be nominated either.

So, tell me this, what do you think TASM will be regarded as? And it most definitely underwhelmed in comparison to your $400m+ predictions.