Olive

7.27-29 Weekend Actuals: TDKR $62,101,451 TED 7.35M

Absolutely. Far better than Ra's, Scarecrow, and Two-Face. Right on par with the Joker. Hardy's performance is underrated as hell IMHO. I'll defend that aspect of the film to the death in the same way that you defend ASM against the haters on here.

Funny. Two-Face does it more for me - almost as much as the Joker - with the very short time he shows up than Bane ever did. I'd LOVE to see Nolan taking more elements of Miller's TDKR and make something like this:

He takes the blame for Two-Face's crimes. But Dent isn't dead he's actually in treatment to recover his disfigured face and with amnesia of his Two-Face actions. Batman is still active, fighting undercover while everyone thinks that he is a criminal and an urban legend, hunted down by the police and criminals. But things do get better. Two-Face becomes the mayor of Gotham and Gordon keeps the lie because Batman "can take it", and things did get better with the Dent Act. Up until Dent started remembering what happened. Instead of Bane, what we see is Mayor Harvey Dent going completely insane in the end of his second mandate as Gotham Mayor. He has his followers among the police and those that believe that the system has failed, an escalation of the chaos hinted by the Joker in TDK. If you want to link the League of Shadows, we could have Talia and Ra's making a comeback. The Dark Knight vs. The White Knight. A Two-Face that is even more brutal than Joker. Hell I did this out a whim. I'd love to have seen something that would put the "Dark Knight" aspect of TDK front and center against an enemy as cruel and chaotic as the Joker. Oh well.

Absolutely. Far better than Ra's, Scarecrow, and Two-Face. Right on par with the Joker. Hardy's performance is underrated as hell IMHO. I'll defend that aspect of the film to the death in the same way that you defend ASM against the haters on here.

Completely agree. If Ledger hadn't given that incredible performance, Hardy's would easily be my favorite. On top of that, Bane as a villain, definitely outshines all others in the trilogy, save the Joker, which, IMO, is still very nearly matched. He was just as menacing and brutal as the Joker. Hardy certainly deserves much more praise than he's been getting.

Completely agree. If Ledger hadn't given that incredible performance, Hardy's would easily be my favorite. On top of that, Bane as a villain, definitely outshines all others in the trilogy, save the Joker, which, IMO, is still very nearly matched. He was just as menacing and brutal as the Joker. Hardy certainly deserves much more praise than he's been getting.

More brutal than the Joker. This is the only villain in the Batman franchise so far that has physically beaten Batman within an inch of his life.
  • Like 1

Top 12 theatres engagement (gets published in Variety)wkend 27-29/7All TDKR, included TA comparisons, only 1 didn't include Imax (MM Minimax, PI Proper Imax)1-AMC Empire 25, New York City NY MM 300,653 (TA #1 332k)2-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY PI 261,878 (TA 148k)(+76 above TA)3-AMC Metreon 16, San Francisco CA PI 216,643 (TA 146k)4-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto ON PI 207,377 (TA #8 171k)5-AMC Kips Bay 15, New York City NY MM 199,570 (TA 131k)6-Regal Union Square 14, New York City NY 174,810 (TA #2 234k)7-Regal Irvine Spectrum 21, Irvine CA PI 173,855 (TA 154k)8-AMC Garden State 16, Paramus NJ MM 172,933 (TA #5 203k)9-AMC Boston Commons 19, Boston MA MM 167,242 (TA 149k)10-AMC 34th St 14, New York City NY MM 152,035 (TA 145k)11-AMC Tysons Corner 16, Mclean VA MM 148,948 (TA #6 195k)12-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA MM 145,423 (TA #3 207k)

Edited by Rth

Interesting. 2.3m at top theaters vs. 2.2m for Avengers in second weekend. Even though these top theaters weren't all of Avengers' top theaters, it seems to be running steady with TA in the biggest theaters. Must be dying in middle america.

Edited by Gopher

Interesting. 2.3m at top theaters vs. 2.2m for Avengers in second weekend. Even though these top theaters weren't all of Avengers' top theaters, it seems to be running steady with TA in the biggest theaters. Must be dying in middle america.

Its over performing in just over 20 markets, inclu NYC (slightly above TDK, way above TA),toronto,Chicago, Twin Falls :), St louisits about normal in over 100 markets , La, San Fran, Dallas, milwaulkee and its overall on par with TDK, TAIts under in over 100, like Denver, New Orleans, Salt Lake...in these markets its overall under TDK, TA
  • Like 3