Olive

7.27-29 Weekend Actuals: TDKR $62,101,451 TED 7.35M

I thought Loki was far better then I expected in TA, he wasn't scary or menacing or anything, but he had an objective in mind. Bane is the better villain in my opinion.Anyways TA versus TDKR, like we haven't already had plenty of these arguments already.

Bane is again a henchman in TDKR, just like he was in B&R. And his "plan" doesn't even make sense to begin with. Loki was far more menacing and most of all, mischievous. Why? His biggest strength isn't his muscles, but his mind tricks. And he used that beautifully in The Avengers. There is someone playing strings with him, but Loki is far from a Thanos henchman in The Avengers.

Posted Image

I'm sorry, but he was the crappiest of the three, and I say this as a person who enjoyed TASM. The crap CGI did not help either.

Don't bother trying to talk to ijack about Lizard or TASM, he's not objective at all. Same about Bane or TDKR, he's had a total agenda against that movie for a few weeks now. (and I liked TASM a lot, but Lizard is a joke and silly cartoon character compared to Bane).

Posted Image

I'm sorry, but he was the crappiest of the three, and I say this as a person who enjoyed TASM. The crap CGI did not help either.

From what I understand, the Lizard is more menacing and I didn't see anyone laughing of him at the theaters. The talk about how sucky Bane's voice was in TDKR is rampant, among fans and "haters". I understand that Loki is the better villain of the year, but Lizard is the more menacing one. Ironically enough after the Goopa talk with the Lizard, Bane is ending up as the laughing stock.

And I don't think the cgi of him in my IMAX 3D screenings looked bad at all.

Don't bother trying to talk to ijack about Lizard or TASM, he's not objective at all. Same about Bane or TDKR, he's had a total agenda against that movie for a few weeks now. (and I liked TASM a lot, but Lizard is a joke and silly cartoon character compared to Bane).

Yeah I have an agenda against Bane. It's like I'm the only person in the planet that found Bane's voice laughable.

I thought Bane's voice totally worked (which I wasn't expecting). He was given some great one-liners made a crap ton creepier by a voice that's an octave higher than you'd expect with his physical presence. I'm not insinuating people don't have a problem with it, plenty do, but I loved it. In terms of summer movie villains, Bane > Loki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> uh, anything out there? Boris the Alien? The bear in Brave? Pants in Magic Mike? >>>>>>>> The Lizard.

• Like 2

For me Loki has great potential for being a villain but TA didn't deliver on that note as much as I wanted it to. I'd much rather he be messing stuff up because he wants to like a proper god of chaos, not because he wants to rule earth for some baffling reason and he's willing to be someone's lapdog to make it happen. I thought Bane's voice was dumb but it's not any more dumb than the Batman voice and if I can get used to one, I can get used to the other.

I completely disagree. Bane is an unintentional laughing stock. I know people that LIKED the film that just can't take Bane seriously. But I still think that at least one of my predictions came true. Lizard is the most menacing of the 3. But Loki is easily more menacing than Bane. Not more menacing than Ledger's Joker though.

OMG. LOL. Really?? Gurl, you are cray cray.

Never much of a Loki fan though, he's good in Thor and TA, but never did I once fear him or think he'd win in a battle or find him menacing, etc.

Indeed, Bane is really a physical threat. You don't know how things will turn with him.Really menacing...the same effect, as the villain Firepower in a 1988-1989 IronMan comicbook episode where Tony gets "killed" and the episode closes with a piece of the armor full of blood. You think "the hero has NO chance to beat that enemy."(old IM readers, you do remember, you know it)

@movieman: since those are silly gifs, not sure if you're being serious, but Bane was/is way better than Loki and the much better villain/enemy. Never much of a Loki fan though, he's good in Thor and TA, but never did I once fear him or think he'd win in a battle or find him menacing, etc.

NO. Bane is the weakest aspect of TDKR by far. Loki has more charisma in one minute of screentime than Bane in the entire movie. For that reason alone it's a no contest TKO Loki. ;)

And may I ask why you were so fearful of Bane? Seriously all the guy did was punch and kick and attempt his silly muscle intimidation factor. Joker and Loki's mind games were far more sinister.

Edited by MovieMan89

I think Bane's voice was successful in what it was designed to accomplish - to clearly demonstrate he is more than just muscle and strength. However, the voice is so far out there, it makes itself a target for ridicule. It's like watching an actor who can't do a specific accent. Like Keanu in "Dracula" or Dick Van Dyke in "Mary Poppins". On the flip side, I would like to see a website do something like a karaoke version of a specific scene, where only Bane's lines are taken out, and the public has to read the lines in his place. Just to see if someone can actually improve on it. You have to convey intelligence, sophistication and an almost zealous devotion to a cause while speaking through a respirator. It would be interesting to hear if someone else could nail a voice that everyone would be happy with.