Olive

7.27-29 Weekend Actuals: TDKR $62,101,451 TED 7.35M

Not trolling, just thought I'd post thisIGN.com is doing a "Avengers vs TDKR" video poll. Interesting stats so far.As of 7/30/12Who has the best story?TDKR: 34,321Avengers: 9,723Which has the best action sequences?TDKR: 12,456Avengers:19,317Which has the most sex appeal?TDKR: 17,502Avengers:11,800Which has the best Villain:TDKR: 26,803Avengers:7,513

When will TA get the discount theaters?

My guess is at least two weeks from now, perhaps a month. It is still showing at 373 theaters, including the 30 screen megaplex near me. THG got down below 200 before it moved to the dollar theaters, and it took a month for that film to drop from nearly 400 down below 200. It really depends on quickly TA loses theater count.

Snow White dropped only 8% after losing more than 13% of its theaters. I guess there is no such thing as bad publicity.

It is in dollar theaters now, so the bargain hunters probably don't care that much about the film being good or not. They just want to kill a couple hours of time in airconditioning on the cheap.

Not trolling, just thought I'd post thisIGN.com is doing a "Avengers vs TDKR" video poll. Interesting stats so far.As of 7/30/12Who has the best story?TDKR: 34,321Avengers: 9,723Which has the best action sequences?TDKR: 12,456Avengers:19,317Which has the most sex appeal?TDKR: 17,502Avengers:11,800Which has the best Villain:TDKR: 26,803Avengers:7,513

Wow what a nice post and relevant to this thread too. Case closed TDKR wins the IGN poll !!! :D Edited by Thrylos 7

Do you mean for just the summer movies? because TASM isn't passing THG for 3rd in 2012 so far.

Summer, indeed.If someone still doubt about the longevity of this genre after this...And a summerTOP3 filled with a same genre.A first?I mean, we never had 3 romcom or 3 scifi or whatever in the TOP3 of a summer, right?

Do you mean for just the summer movies? because TASM isn't passing THG for 3rd in 2012 so far.

Worldwide it will. It's less than 30 million behind at the moment. But then Ice Age 4 is less than 30 million behind Spider-Man, so it could push past Spidey and grab third place.

Not trolling, just thought I'd post thisIGN.com is doing a "Avengers vs TDKR" video poll. Interesting stats so far.

We never stop trying to figure out what is "better" in art, do we? We keep failing of course....but never cease to look for new ways to fail at it.

Summer, indeed.If someone still doubt about the longevity of this genre after this...And a summerTOP3 filled with a same genre.A first?I mean, we never had 3 romcom or 3 scifi or whatever in the TOP3 of a summer, right?

Good question. Some will again cast doubt on the comic book genre again when a superhero movie flops...it's happened many times in the past. "The public is tired of comic book movies!". I do wonder if having one break out as big as Avengers did has a negative effect on those which follow. TA may have gotten every available butt in a seat. Some families only have so many $100 trips to the theater available per summer.

Worldwide it will. It's less than 30 million behind at the moment. But then Ice Age 4 is less than 30 million behind Spider-Man, so it could push past Spidey and grab third place.

IA4 is already slowing down OS while TASM has yet to be released in China, while IA4 was already released there. TASM is enjoying some Emma Stone fine legs in the foreign markets, it should have no problem of coming out as the third film of the year worldwide. After that I think that Skyfall and The Hobbit are contenders to take its place, but a reboot ending as the fifth film worldwide is a hell of an impressive feat. :D