Olive

7.27-29 Weekend Actuals: TDKR $62,101,451 TED 7.35M

Everyone knows that Batman/Nolan online fanbase is bigger than any other superhero property. They win every polls, fight every fight to say that TDKR is the biggest film evah and it's been this way even with Batman Begins, regardless of the backlash from the older Burton's loonies. It's not a shot at them, it's just something that you can see everywhere, the online presence of Batman/Nolan fans is bigger than any other superhero property. That doesn't necessarily reflects the general audience approval, which is okay. I can take the heat, but I'm not saying any lie. TDKR will win every online poll on every website that shows up, today or one, two or three years from now. They are that loyal.

Fanboy driven films are inherently frontloaded. Throw out the 30m midnights(90% "Nolanites") and TDKR's drops compare pretty favorably to other SH films(http://www.boxoffice.com/articles/2012-07-number-crunch-beyond-the-dark-knight-rises-numbers). Throw in the intangible effect of the Aurora tragedy and media frenzy and TDKR looks that much better. Sorry, but the last two TDK films were not just fanboy events. They were social events in general. Obviously TDKR is not as big of a social event as TA was, but it's still a social event, nonetheless.
  • Like 1

Fanboy driven films are inherently frontloaded. Throw out the 30m midnights(90% "Nolanites") and TDKR's drops compare pretty favorably to other SH films(http://www.boxoffice...t-rises-numbers). Throw in the intangible effect of the Aurora tragedy and media frenzy and TDKR looks that much better. Sorry, but the last two TDK films were not just fanboy events. They were social events in general. Obviously TDKR is not as big of a social event as TA was, but it's still a social event, nonetheless.

You clearly aren't getting what I'm saying. Of course that neither TA, TASM or TDKR are fanboy events. They are social events, like any blockbuster is. My point is that The Avengers is arguably more liked by the general audience than TDKR. Comparing the "Nolanites" fanbase with Twilight is fair (not talking about the quality of the films, but how strong their fanbase is) when you think that HP and THG films are clearly more liked than Twilight, but still the Twilight fangirls will make sure that Twilight wins each and every online pool. Edited by Chris O Donnell

The Potter films and Hunger Games are both rated far higher than Twilight on Flixster, IMDB, and anywhere else. The only place where Twilight rules is at the MTV Movie Awards, which has everything to do with the fact that the only people voting on it are teenage girls.

The Potter films and Hunger Games are both rated far higher than Twilight on Flixster, IMDB, and anywhere else. The only place where Twilight rules is at the MTV Movie Awards, which has everything to do with the fact that the only people voting on it are teenage girls.

Agreed, but TDKR fans concentrate on online forums. They are CLEARLY the majority here, on SHH, CBM and pretty much everywhere. Their online presence is huge, I think saying that is an understatement.

You gave her shit from Victoria's Secret? Isn't that more of a gift for you than her? :P

I spent $300 totalShe bought Star Wars because it was on sale for $55!
  • Like 2

I spent $300 totalShe bought Star Wars because it was on sale for $55!

Women will always say they want things to be equal...but they also say "You don't have to <insert what they want you to do> if you don't want to." as well. Don't believe either. ;)

This doesn't look fair. At all. What she thinks about the K-Stew fiasco? :lol:

Something along the lines of "she's a stupid bitch, I hope she gets killed in the next movie".She hasn't read the last book. But most of my female friends seem to not care and if anything think it wil make the movie better.

Not trolling, just thought I'd post this

IGN.com is doing a "Avengers vs TDKR" video poll. Interesting stats so far.

As of 7/30/12

Who has the best story?

TDKR: 34,321

Avengers: 9,723

Which has the best action sequences?

TDKR: 12,456

Avengers:19,317

Which has the most sex appeal?

TDKR: 17,502

Avengers:11,800

Which has the best Villain:

TDKR: 26,803

Avengers:7,513

Posted Image

Posted Image

Agree with the other areas, but no ever loving chance in hell that boring pawn with the wannabe Hannibal mask and goofy T-Pain voice (ie Bane) comes anywhere near the epicness that is LOKI god of mischief!.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Agree with the other areas, but no ever loving chance in hell that boring pawn with the wannabe Hannibal mask and goofy T-Pain voice (ie Bane) comes anywhere near the epicness that is LOKI god of mischief!.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:rotfl:

The gifs are killing me

@movieman: since those are silly gifs, not sure if you're being serious, but Bane was/is way better than Loki and the much better villain/enemy. Never much of a Loki fan though, he's good in Thor and TA, but never did I once fear him or think he'd win in a battle or find him menacing, etc.

Edited by FTF

I thought Loki was far better then I expected in TA, he wasn't scary or menacing or anything, but he had an objective in mind. Bane is the better villain in my opinion.Anyways TA versus TDKR, like we haven't already had plenty of these arguments already.

@movieman: since those are silly gifs, not sure if you're being serious, but Bane was/is way better than Loki and the much better villain/enemy. Never much of a Loki fan though, he's good in Thor and TA, but never did I once fear him or think he'd win in a battle or find him menacing, etc.

I completely disagree. Bane is an unintentional laughing stock. I know people that LIKED the film that just can't take Bane seriously. But I still think that at least one of my predictions came true. Lizard is the most menacing of the 3. But Loki is easily more menacing than Bane. Not more menacing than Ledger's Joker though.