Olive

7.27-29 Weekend Actuals: TDKR $62,101,451 TED 7.35M

I'm sure the sequel for Spiderman will gross a lot more.

I wonder about that. Sony isn't in a position to let the public rest. Sometimes the audience needs a break. Sony has to keep pushing Spidey movies out or lose the rights. The next one better look really good in trailers and be a quality film.

IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that

The Dark Knight Rises generated strong second weekend global box office results of approximately $15 million in 479 IMAX® theatres worldwide over the weekend of July 29, bringing the film's global IMAX cumulative box office to date to approximately $52 million.

"We've crossed the $50 million mark in the fastest time ever with The Dark Knight Rises, lifted, in part, by exceptional international box office," said IMAX CEO Richard L. Gelfond. "Audiences are clearly seeking out and embracing the film the way it was meant to be seen – in IMAX. We are pleased by the second-weekend results and believe the film will continue to have the legs we anticipated."

Edited by EaZze

Not trolling, just thought I'd post this

IGN.com is doing a "Avengers vs TDKR" video poll. Interesting stats so far.

As of 7/30/12

Who has the best story?

TDKR: 34,321

Avengers: 9,723

Which has the best action sequences?

TDKR: 12,456

Avengers:19,317

Which has the most sex appeal?

TDKR: 17,502

Avengers:11,800

Which has the best Villain:

TDKR: 26,803

Avengers:7,513

The poll fell down with that one.

Hemsworth, Evans, Downey Jr, Renner, Hiddleston and Johannsen vs Bale, Hathaway and Bane's back acne.

• Like 4

The poll fell down with that one.Hemsworth, Evans, Downey Jr, Renner, Hiddleston and Johannsen vs Bale, Hathaway and Bane's back acne.

Since IGN seems like a male dominated site, they were probably only thinking in terms of Scar Jo/Cobie Smulders vs. Anne Hathaway/Marion Cotillard, I guess.

Since IGN seems like a male dominated site, they were probably only thinking in terms of Scar Jo/Cobie Smulders vs. Anne Hathaway/Marion Cotillard, I guess.

Nah. TDKR/Batman DC fanbase with films is gigantic online. The general audience loves The Avengers more, TDKR gets the faithful loonies. Pools where TDKR is included is the same thing with pools where Twilight is included. These are probably the two strongest online fanbases, topping HP and everything else.

I assumed that, but the poll didn't specify female sex appeal. :P

Nah. TDKR/Batman DC fanbase with films is gigantic online. The general audience loves The Avengers more, TDKR gets the faithful loonies. Pools where TDKR is included is the same thing with pools where Twilight is included. These are probably the two strongest online fanbases, topping HP and everything else.

Such generalizations are where you get yourself in trouble. Was TA more GA friendly? Obviously, but TDKR is crossing over as well. Any film that makes north of 200m has to at least fractionally cross over into GA. And TDKR will end up with at least 2 times that threshold.

Wow what a nice post and relevant to this thread too. Case closed TDKR wins the IGN poll !!! :D

:rolleyes: Can't spell ignorance without IGN.

Since IGN seems like a male dominated site

It's a vidya game site. Go figure.

Edited by Bitcher

Such generalizations are where you get yourself in trouble. Was TA more GA friendly? Obviously, but TDKR is crossing over as well. Any film that makes north of 200m has to at least fractionally cross over into GA. And TDKR will end up with at least 2 times that threshold.

Twilight is an exception to that rule since the crossover is predominantly girls getting their boyfriends to go with them. :P

Twilight is an exception to that rule since the crossover is predominantly girls getting their boyfriends to go with them. :P

Everyone knows that Batman/Nolan online fanbase is bigger than any other superhero property. They win every polls, fight every fight to say that TDKR is the biggest film evah and it's been this way even with Batman Begins, regardless of the backlash from the older Burton's loonies. It's not a shot at them, it's just something that you can see everywhere, the online presence of Batman/Nolan fans is bigger than any other superhero property. That doesn't necessarily reflects the general audience approval, which is okay. I can take the heat, but I'm not saying any lie. TDKR will win every online poll on every website that shows up, today or one, two or three years from now. They are that loyal.

Spider Man needs to get into the TA universe ASAP...He would do well there...

I don't give a FUCK what Sony or Marvel say. For me TASM happened in the MCU. And I want them to stop been pussies and give what the majority of the audience wants. People were very excited with the idea of Marvel and Disney finding an agreement over the use of Spider-Man in the MCU, now the talks seem to have cool down. Getting news on that front would make my year.