DAR

Movies you've seen multiple times yet you're not sure if you like them

Just the other night I watched A Clockwork Orange. I've probably seen it about five times. I think it's a well made movie yet I can't say I really like the film. Same thing with Natural Born Killers, I'm always fascinated by it but I can't ever say that it's good. So what are some of you're choices?

Kubrick...yeah, he's good at making those. 2001 is there for me. I like parts of it, other parts make me scratch my head. Also Scorsese does this to me sometimes as well:Gangs of New YorkShutter IslandOther than that:GI JoeHellboy 2TF2And a few Bond films like Diamonds Are Forever, Moonraker and Tomorrow Never Dies. Seen them many times...still not sure if I like them very much. And I mean that as complete films. Obviously there are scenes and portions that I like(or even love) or I wouldn't bother watching them again. But by the end, I'm pretty meh about the experience.I'd put The Prestige on this list too.

Van Helsing. For some reason it's on TV all the time. I'm pretty sure I don't like it, but I still end up watching it when nothing else is on. :lol:

What a way to say I have no life. :P Edited by vc2002

The only one I can come up with is Unbreakable. I want so bad to like this. Love Willis, love Jackson, love comics. Just can't bring myself to come down on either side of the fence on this one.

I remember Quentin Tarantino describing this film by saying "what if you were Superman, but didn't know it" (or something along those lines). I think he also said it was one of the best superhero films which is a cool way to look at it. When I read this I hadn't watched it since I was a kid, so it was interesting to watch from a new perspective. Definitely one of Shaylaman's best (although that is not saying too much).

I remember Quentin Tarantino describing this film by saying "what if you were Superman, but didn't know it" (or something along those lines). I think he also said it was one of the best superhero films which is a cool way to look at it. When I read this I hadn't watched it since I was a kid, so it was interesting to watch from a new perspective. Definitely one of Shaylaman's best (although that is not saying too much).

I think it would have been more definitive in my eyes as the first part of the planned trilogy MNS had in mind. I think if the story had continued I would have finally decided that it was really good. As it is, I think there's just too much mood and silent contemplation throughout the film. The film is almost two hours long and it feels like 60 minutes of it is pretty much this:

Posted Image

I think it would have been more definitive in my eyes as the first part of the planned trilogy MNS had in mind. I think if the story had continued I would have finally decided that it was really good. As it is, I think there's just too much mood and silent contemplation throughout the film. The film is almost two hours long and it feels like 60 minutes of it is pretty much this:

Posted Image

Hahaha, I never knew it was planned as a trilogy. I wish they went for it, it was successfully financially (although no Sixth Sense) but I guess they went by audience reaction.