Punishment

Wed (8/1/12) Numbers: TDKR $7.330, IA4 $2.16m, Watch $1.46m

Avengers had a rather unfrontloaded opening, hence 50% second weekend drop, but otherwise its legs have been pretty average. It should fall just short of 3x multiplier.

Dead Man's chest had a better multiplier.

DMC opened to roughly $75m less. ;) You can be damn sure it would have had a much worse multi with the same OW as TA. Even TDK wouldn't have had TA's 3x multi with an extra $50m on OW. TA's multi is extraordinary for a movie that shattered the OW record, no two ways about it.

quick note TDKR Thu about 6.7, IA4 2, Watch 1.3, SUP$ 1.2,Ted/TASM 1TA will prob end week around 870k

I don't know why people would not expect a drop on Thursday, but these are awesome drops all around. It's normal for movies to have drops on Thursday, TDKR's BO has been amazing and it seems to me crazy to expect something other than that after a 7.3m WED.Happy for TASM and hoping these estimates hold!

Avengers had a rather unfrontloaded opening, hence 50% second weekend drop, but otherwise its legs have been pretty average. It should fall just short of 3x multiplier.Dead Man's chest had a better multiplier.

To call TA's legs as average is beyond idiotic but coming from you isn't a big surprise. Your hate for TA's laughable. I can't be too much mad at your insane statements because you were the good luck charm for TA. Everything you said about TA was dead wrong and once it hits 3X, you'll be wrong one more time.

I don't know why people would not expect a drop on Thursday, but these are awesome drops all around. It's normal for movies to have drops on Thursday, TDKR's BO has been amazing and it seems to me crazy to expect something other than that after a 7.3m WED.Happy for TASM and hoping these estimates hold!

Nicely done by TASM. It stayed above 1M for the entire week. :) :) :)

Might be a Puerto Rico weekend for WB. Needs $32m to reach $350m through Sunday.

With a 6.7M Thursday, 35M weekend is still possible.

FYI, Screen Daily says:

Warner Bros Pictures International’s The Dark Knight Riseshad grossed $304.5m through Thursday (Aug 2) and is expected to dominate the session in its third weekend.

DMC opened to roughly $75m less. ;) You can be damn sure it would have had a much worse multi with the same OW as TA. Even TDK wouldn't have had TA's 3x multi with an extra $50m on OW. TA's multi is extraordinary for a movie that shattered the OW record, no two ways about it.

bleh

DMC OW adjusts to 160M in today's ticket prices, and roughly 190M accounting for 3D and IMAX. It really is comparable to TA.

$533/207 = 2.57x multi

You're using RTX logic right there. He can claim what ever he wants regarding TA's legs but we all know, it has had tremendous legs. Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

You're using RTX logic right there. He can claim what ever he wants regarding TA's legs but we all know, it has had tremendous legs.

,,,in your (wet) dreams maybe. In truth there is little to suggest TA had particularly good legs past its second weekend. It performed like your average superhero flick.

,,,in your (wet) dreams maybe. In truth there is little to suggest TA had particularly good legs past its second weekend. It performed like your average superhero flick.

Talking to you is like banging my head against a brick wall. :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

You're using RTX logic right there. He can claim what ever he wants regarding TA's legs but we all know, it has had tremendous legs.

I don't know, it could just have been down to its first weekdays. It's second weekend multiplier is actually weaker compared to THG, 3.6 (through the 12th week) vs. 3.35.

I don't know, it could just have been down to its first weekdays. It's second weekend multiplier is actually weaker compared to THG, 3.6 (through the 12th week) vs. 3.35.

Who's arguing about THG. It had tremendous legs after the 2nd weekend. We're talking about TA and it's approaching 3. Anyway you slice it, that's great multiplier.