Punishment

Wed (8/1/12) Numbers: TDKR $7.330, IA4 $2.16m, Watch $1.46m

I posted this question on Monday:Question for you box office geniuses. I am taking my daughters to a drive in theatre sometime in the next 10 days and for 6 bucks a person (4 bucks for children), I get a double feature of Ice Age 4 and TDKR. Just park my truck and tune in. Awesome deal, but my question is how does that money get divied up for the movies? Is it up to the theatre?Second question. I'm also taking my daugthers to Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas this weekend which is basically a huge educational playground. There's an aquarium, museum, rainforest replica, water park and apparently, the largest IMAX screen in Texas. There's a package for 50 bucks a person that allows entrance to all these attractions and more which includes an evening showing of TDKR. Again, similar question. How does the money get distributed to TDKR?Just curiousity type questions to increase my BO knowledge, I guess.Not sure if people thought it was a stupid question, and it likely is, but still curious about how this works.

The first part, the double feature money, is split and decided where to put it by WB (and other studios that do it with their movies) so we'll never know the real answer on how much goes to each movie. The second part, that's a very unique case and I've never heard of that before. I speculate that they either paid a set amount to WB to be able to show the movie, or more likely, probably just sell tickets to the movie separately as well and just take the ticket cost out of the $50 admission and that goes towards the movie.
  • Like 1

Shooting could be part of it too. Family audience is the one most affected by that situation, so an animated film would benefit a lot from people returning to cinemas.

Kids love IA4. TASM while been a Spider-Man, it's not their parents Spider-Man. Thankfully so. :D
  • Like 1

I posted this question on Monday:Question for you box office geniuses. I am taking my daughters to a drive in theatre sometime in the next 10 days and for 6 bucks a person (4 bucks for children), I get a double feature of Ice Age 4 and TDKR. Just park my truck and tune in. Awesome deal, but my question is how does that money get divied up for the movies? Is it up to the theatre?Second question. I'm also taking my daugthers to Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas this weekend which is basically a huge educational playground. There's an aquarium, museum, rainforest replica, water park and apparently, the largest IMAX screen in Texas. There's a package for 50 bucks a person that allows entrance to all these attractions and more which includes an evening showing of TDKR. Again, similar question. How does the money get distributed to TDKR?Just curiousity type questions to increase my BO knowledge, I guess.Not sure if people thought it was a stupid question, and it likely is, but still curious about how this works.

I don't think you got much of a response because no one really knows. That would be an interesting question for RTH....you should pm him.

I don't think you got much of a response because no one really knows. That would be an interesting question for RTH....you should pm him.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will do. This scenario is weird because the double feature at this particular drive in theater is showing IA4 and TDKR and on the other side of the screen they're playing Ted and the Watch.Studios don't share those movies as far as I know.

Wednesday Actuals: the-numbers.comIce Age: Continental Drift $2,158,033 -17% 3,869 $558 $121,489,242The Watch $1,458,441 -23% 3,168 $460 $17,682,733The Amazing Spider-Man $1,046,086 -21% 3,160 $331 $245,327,116Moonrise Kingdom $224,050 -9% 853 $263 $39,314,287 Madagascar 3: $190,452 -2% 808 $236 $210,093,698

Edited by Punishment
  • Like 1

Just curious why there are no more dailies for the avengers, why did stop Disney stop reporting?

They tend to stop reporting dailies pretty early, even if the film is still raking in decent money. Don't quote me on that though

Just curious why there are no more dailies for the avengers, why did stop Disney stop reporting?

Here is a quote from TA thread (I asked the same question)

Disney just stops tracking daily numbers around the time films make less than 100k on weekdays. Nothing to worry about.