baumer

Monday Numbers TDKR 4.7 2. TOTAL RECALL - $3M ($28.5M), 3. WIMPY KID 3 - $2M ($16.6M)

Just a random thought but does anyone remember how awesome September and October of 2010 were back in the Mojo days? I remember having so much fun tracking The Town, Easy A, The Social Network, Paranormal Activity 2, JA3D and Red. I hope we get something similar this year. :)

If you hadn't mentioned it, I never would have thought of that time period, but yes, it was fun. PA2 was great to track.

Canada had a holiday, that certainly did not help.

Yes, but it's just a market correction. If Canada hadn't had a holiday on Monday, the number would have been smaller than 4.7, so maybe 4.2. So by doing 4.7 on Monday it still technically had the Tuesday business but because Monday was already busy, you don't see the bump.

Yes, but it's just a market correction. If Canada hadn't had a holiday on Monday, the number would have been smaller than 4.7, so maybe 4.2. So by doing 4.7 on Monday it still technically had the Tuesday business but because Monday was already busy, you don't see the bump.

That sucks.Anyway, someone brief me about "mojo days" the forums were apart of BOM? I thought they moved them to IMDB.

That sucks.Anyway, someone brief me about "mojo days" the forums were apart of BOM? I thought they moved them to IMDB.

Most of us began on the BOM forums, some even joined in 2002 like baumer who still remains a part of the community. They shut the forums down and ShawnMR had set up refugee forums during Mojo days that we used when BOM crashed so we all decided to go there temporarily because well IMDb forums wasnt an option for us, then Shawn set up forums on his blog site Box Office Theory so again we all moved there and finally the forums became a part of BO.com.
  • Like 2

Most of us began on the BOM forums, some even joined in 2002 like baumer who still remains a part of the community. They shut the forums down and ShawnMR had set up refugee forums during Mojo days that we used when BOM crashed so we all decided to go there temporarily because well IMDb forums wasnt an option for us, then Shawn set up forums on his blog site Box Office Theory so again we all moved there and finally the forums became a part of BO.com.

Yes, what Totem said.

you still think it has a fair chance to hit 450m domestic?

Absolutely. I think 430 is locked, 440 is very realistic and 450 is possible.

A movie with supposed out-of the world tracking/trending number like TDKR barely beat out unadjusted midnight number for Eclipse and in the middle of July. That alone was a great indicator that TDKR was NOT going to set any records on OD.

Eclipse had the second best midnight gross of all time, the record among 2D movies!Batman being far less frontloaded than Twilight was locked to do much stronger daily business. 30M + 55M = 85M seems like a reasonable projection. Saturday and Sunday must have been affected even more than Friday. Overall at least 30M was wiped off TDKR's opening weekend.

Nice. I wondered why when I clicked on Forums on BO.com it opens a new tab.