baumer

Monday Numbers TDKR 4.7 2. TOTAL RECALL - $3M ($28.5M), 3. WIMPY KID 3 - $2M ($16.6M)

Really Red? Waaambulance, be better than that.

You know I'm only stating a known quantity.

TR wasn't going to fall into a critic proof film, people were going to look online and at RT. Those factors set expectations, they often do then bled into things like Cinemascore. A couple of guys in my office are perfect examples of those still looking to RT and when it's skewed the result is what happened last week. They clearly aren't isolated cases.

I'm not saying TR was "OH MY GOT YOU MUST GO" so don't overplay it while I'm pointing out what happens when the 'net snowballs on an imperfect early reaction by a few.

Edited by Captain Craig

Maybe, but I think he had huge egg on his face. I'm sure he wishes he could delete his domestic and foreign predictions.

People like it, others didn't. Nothing new on planet Earth when it comes to films. My point is that very much like Shawn here, he seemed VERY stoked for this before watching it, and the film clearly didn't live up the hype for him.

People like it, others didn't. Nothing new on planet Earth when it comes to films. My point is that very much like Shawn here, he seemed VERY stoked for this before watching it, and the film clearly didn't live up the hype for him.

The hype was unrealistic. Just as it was for SM3 after SM2 or IM2 after IM1...the only difference, IMO, is that despite its flaws, TDKR is actually a damn good film while SM3 was at best mediocre and IM1 was overrated in the first place.

The hype was unrealistic. Just as it was for SM3 after SM2 or IM2 after IM1...the only difference, IMO, is that despite its flaws, TDKR is actually a damn good film while SM3 was at best mediocre and IM1 was overrated in the first place.

I thought Iron Man was great (the sequel, not so much).

But that only explains part of it. He was hugely disappointed in Total Recall and you didn't see him stop writing about that one for two weeks. I think he was embarrassed as hell by his predictions, plus Warner Brothers apparently told people not to write about the shooting's effect on the numbers. Subers took it more literally than other places. He just flat out didn't write anything, while others wrote the numbers while not mentioning the shooting.

I was out of country when IMDB thing happened. Can someone please explain what happened? I will greatly appreciate your kindness.

IMDB just bought boxofficemojo. Not much else to say. They got rid of the Derby and the Forums, Brandon left for greener pastures and now we're here.
  • Like 1

I thought Iron Man was great (the sequel, not so much).

Don't get me wrong, I think it was awesome. But not nearly the second coming that many made it out to be. IM2 is a slight step down in reality, but most deify IM1 and were easily disappointed by IM2 because of it. Just my opinion of course.

Am I wrong, but is The Dark Knight trilogy soon to be the highest grossing domestic trilogy?LOTR: 1,035,942,020Spiderman: 1,113,822,503Star Wars I-III: 1,165,491,997TDK: 1,097,324,132It's about 69M away or so...

IMDB just bought boxofficemojo. Not much else to say. They got rid of the Derby and the Forums, Brandon left for greener pastures and now we're here.

And you already have 10,000+ posts. Congrats. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think it was awesome. But not nearly the second coming that many made it out to be. IM2 is a slight step down in reality, but most deify IM1 and were easily disappointed by IM2 because of it. Just my opinion of course.

IM2 was boring as hell compared to IM1. The writing also felt way more forced, which isn't too shocking since IM1 had a ton of improvisation in the dialogue.

I agree that some of us got carried away but I still believe that The Dark Knight Rises was on its way to set the admissions record during its OW. I think it had a shot at 190m+. 200m was definitely a stretch but if any film was going to do it without 3D, it would be TDKR.Now I have no idea how things would have played out if the shooting never occured but I am annoyed about how some people are claiming victory over their predictions in light of what happened, while the "loonies" are called out as being unrealistic and way out of left field. You can't put a number on the effects of this so might as well stop trying and just enjoy whatever TDKR makes because that's pretty much all we can do at this point.

And you already have 10,000+ posts. Congrats. :)

Thanks AA.....like I've explained before, in the summer, my post count is insane. AFter the summer, I bet between September and May I'll do 3000 posts.