Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time! Presentation of the results to begin at 3 PM PST/6 PM EDT

I've seen all the films on jar jar's list, and 481516's list...doesn't mean I like them all. :)I say do it in another thread.

Then you've seen a fair number on his list that I haven't, so good on you.I oriented my list strictly by what I thought was best. If I had gone favorites it would have looked more similar to yours or others whose lists are more "populist" oriented. Tons of the films you listed I enjoy very very much.

Then you've seen a fair number on his list that I haven't, so good on you.I oriented my list strictly by what I thought was best. If I had gone favorites it would have looked more similar to yours or others whose lists are more "populist" oriented. Tons of the films you listed I enjoy very very much.

I'm just playing around. I haven't seen many of the films between the two of your lists. And I'm glad there are many different films on many people's lists. If we all liked the same thing, it would be kind of boring.

No? OK then:Shayhiri's Eternal Top 10:As you can see, I only take into consideration trilogies - but I've specified my favourite installments for the purpose of this particular contest. (Another explanation of the "trilogies only" phenomenon is that my taste in movies is obviously so distinguished - and at the same time universal - that the movies that I really like inescapably become unanimously appreciated - and thus catapulted into stellar fame, love and sequels.)1. LOTR (2nd movie)2. The Hobbit (2nd movie)3. Pirates of the Caribbean (3rd movie)4. Sherlock Holmes (1st movie)5. Conan the Barbarian (1st movie)6. Prince of Persia (1st movie, for now, we'll see about the others)7. Shrek (2nd movie)8. Kung Fu Panda (2nd movie)9. Indiana Jones (1st movie)10. Star Wars OT 3D (3rd movie)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 2

No? OK then:

Shayhiri's Eternal Top 10:

As you can see, I only take into consideration trilogies - but I've specified my favourite installments for the purpose of this particular contest. (Another explanation of the "trilogies only" phenomenon is that my taste in movies is obviously so distinguished - and at the same time universal - that the movies that I really like inescapably become unanimously appreciated - and thus catapulted into stellar fame, love and sequels.)

1. LOTR (2nd movie)

2. The Hobbit (2nd movie)

3. Pirates of the Caribbean (3rd movie)

4. Sherlock Holmes (1st movie)

5. Conan the Barbarian (1st movie)

6. Prince of Persia (1st movie, for now, we'll see the others)

7. Shrek (2nd movie)

8. Kung Fu Panda (2nd movie)

9. Indiana Jones (1st movie)

10. Star Wars OT 3D (3rd movie)

I love how you have films that are not even out yet. I love how add the 3D to Star Wars OT which is several years away still.
  • Like 1

jee can i join in :lol: ... k anyway it's so hard to make a list like this because my oppinions some times change. there is so many movies I havean't seen yet and still so many deserving that will not make it, but il give it my best and here it is1. Goodfellas - Simply amazing, the film that inspired me to wanna make film.2. City of God - Best Foreign language film this could easily be number 1 and proberly is one the best movies I have ever seen.3. The Godfather part 2 - I really loved what they did with this film, making a timeless classic even better. My favourite sequel of all time. the story of Don Vito Corleone rise to power while michael was learning how to control the family buissness was the greatest idea for the Godfather series. The worst was making another sequel....4. The Godfather - It has made such a name for it self people call this the best film of all time, I think it's near.5. Dark City - My Favourite Sci-fi movie a few years ago I have yet to rewatch but from what I remember this is one of my favourites6. Pulp Fiction - Combining theese stories was like nothing I had ever seen at the time but even now it remains one of the most nostalgic films I have ever seen.7. It's a Wonderful life - When I was a child I use to consider this as the best film of all time, I guess it just sticks with ya.8.Dazed and Confused - I wonder what this would be like if I wasn't stoned everytime I'd watch this, another film added to my rewach list. I guess I always saw this from a diferent pov, its time to try a new one.9.Memento - One the craziest films ever, I have to admit I had no idea what to expect going in and I was mind blown immediately after the film was finished.10.Clerks - Really can u make a better comedy with a budget of 27,575 " According to wikipedia" Wait no! can anyone make a better movie on that budget? Didn't think so, but it's not the money that matters it's what kevin smith managed to acheive in doing so, making one great film with some beautiful shots and likeable characters that we are instantly attatched to. this will always be one my favourites. Everytime I watch this it's not like im watching a movie, It's like im watching a kevin smith movie, so ty sir for giving us such great films that are diferent and unique in their on way/ and very very likeable...11. Donnie Darko - I really didn't think to many people understood this film, took me some research after the film to totally understand the whole concept of a tangent universe and how everything has to work together to save the universe which the film is based in. anyways if u still dont understand google it and you will find very descriptive awnsers.12. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - if only we could erase our memories today, then I would rewatch this film and all of theese and be astonished Once again.13. Reservoir Dogs - Well I don't know why I came here tonight, I got the feeling that something ain't right, Im so scared In case I fall of my chair, And im wonderin how il get down stairs, Clowns to the left of me Jokers to the Right here I am, stuck in the mIddle with you! :bouncy:14. A Clockwork Orange - Profanity at it's best stanley Kubrick was genius Director and still remains one of my favourites and always will.15. Scarface - Say Hello To My Little Friend !!! Come on the chainsaw scene is the best?!? what am I talking about every scene is the best...16. Schindler's List - Most Graphic, realistic and most heart grabbing film about real events. Speilberg really makes you feel like you are right there, black and white was definatly the way to go! and yes the reason why Steven is so highly praised, not to mention all his other great work Jaws, Jurassic Park, Munich, Minority Report, etc.17. The Graduate - the Film which made me realise if you like a song, play it once, play it twice, PlAy It Threw the whole god damn movie, but that's ok as long as it all moves fluently and this film moves as fluent as a professional transalator.18. Bottle Rocket - Great Film it's hard to choose which one I like better Rushmore or bottle rocket, Wes Andersons First two films which he co-wrote and directed,19. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells - Guy Ritchie A huge name in modern cinema, this is his first and yes my favourite of his films, with dialogue like this there should never be need for cgi.20. Almost Famous - Crowe at his best, Big fan love his work, especially this amazing work of art about a young writer that wants to write for the magazine The Rolling Stones, but it's not just about a writer it's also about the band he tours with trying to interview to get them both a shot at the big times.21. Battle Royale - The Real Hunger Games don't be mistaken it's nothing like that film which i thought was mediocre at best.22. Rushmore - I just Can't get enough, I love this film through and through and should proberly be a bit higher on the list, this is Jason Shwartzman's first film I know of and is my favourite with him his character is just so bizzare but still realistic and funny.23. The Great Escpae - again proberly should be ranked higher but it not, the music and the escape are favourite aspects plus Steve Mcqueen24. Forrest Gump - Stupid is as stupid does. An Amazing Epic, such an all around great film, meaning that there isin't much not to like in this one.25. The Thin Red Line - Beautiful, I havean't been the hugest fan of Malick cuz I can't seem to finish or yet understand his latest film The Tree of life but this film is just perfect. rewatchable 100 times and u still see the beauty, real beauty never seems to fade, this film has got heart and soul.I've stoped writing sorry I can't continue. but will finish of my list26. Y Tu Mama Tambien27. Back to the Future28. True Romance29. Stand By Me30. Leon: The Professional31. Synecdoche New York32. Taxi Driver33. Inglourious Basterds34. The Big Lebowski35. Gladiator36. Raider of the Lost Ark37. The Breakfast Club38. Apocalypse Now39. American Beauty40. Ferris Bueller's Day Off41. The Royal Tenenbaums42. Trainspotting43. Stranger than Paradise - A Jim Jarmush film most people have never heard of.44. Ghost World45. Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion - don't watch unless u've watched the tv series, I even watch the movies that tell tv series in 2 movies, but its all rushed and I would never view again, watch the tv series then this!46. Minority Report47. Snatch48. The Dark Knight49. South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut50. Beetlejuice51. E.T The Extra-terrestrial52. Kill Bill Vol. 153. The Nighmare before Christmas54. The Shining55. Oldboy56. Brazil57. The Fountain58. Fresh59. Spun60. Moon61. Star Wars: A new Hope62. The Matrix63. Amores Perros64. Fight Club65. Akira66. The French Connection67. The Doors68.The Lord of the Rings: The fellowship of the ring69. Menace 2 Society70. Crimes and Misdemeanors71. A Nightmare on Elm Street72. Boyz N the Hood73. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers74. Ed Wood75. Raging Bull76. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the king77. House of 1000 Corpses78. Se7en79. Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro80. Inception81. Lost in Translation82. Twelve Monkeys83. Traffic84. Red State85. The Crow86. Toy Story87. Shaun of the Dead88. Mulholland dr.89. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon90. The Shawshank Rememption91. Breaking The Waves92. Die Hard93. The Prestige94. Spirited Away95. Matchstick Men96. Into the Wild97. Sixteen Candles98. Monty Pythons Holy grail - Love for Life of Brian Also...99. The Usual Suspects100.BadlandsHonerable Mentions - so this list could go on forever as well so im just going to name 10 moviesHowl's Moving CastleSuspiriaWayne's WorldAmerican History xA Bridge Too FarGhostbustersWaking life - Documentry style filmAnimal KingdomThe Virgin SuicidesChasing Amy

• Like 1

Are they making anymore? This might not be a good idea if they are planning this but I havean't heard anything.

Shayhiri is now a caricature of himself, we have perpetuated the shayhiri myth and he runs with it now. He's really not serious most of the time, but tell him that. :)
  • Like 3