CJohn

Weekend (8/10-12/12) Estimates: Bourne Legacy 40.3M; Campaign 27.4M; Hope Springs 15.6M

I've found all of the IA movies enjoyable aside from the 2nd . Honestly this one didn't even deserve close to as low as a 39% on RT and I don't know what the critics and some people expect from them. They are very entertaining for kids and even adults if you take them for what they are. It's not even remotely surprising to me that IA4 is having such good legs. It was fun and funny entertainment for kids and the family. In fact it could have the best multi of any animated movie this year so far.

Edited by MovieMan89

I love how Denzel doesn't seem to stick to one studio, I'm just curious about how he gets his work, I wonder if he finds scripts and asks studios if they want to be involved or if the studios send him scripts in the hope that he picks one of their films that is probably tailored to his specific needs.

Isn't that the job of his agent? I think studio send his agents scripts because of his stature already
  • Like 1

I don't know why they're wasting their time with the Ray Romano mammoth and the other creatures. A Scrat movie would be amazing.

Scrat is best served in small doses. A direct to video Scrat movie could work but a full length, I don't think so. He is charming the way he is ;)

It's not even remotely surprising to me that IA4 is having such good legs.

It's the only kid-friendly movie still playing that's not Wimpy Kid (Brave is wrapping up its run). Parents need something to take their kids to. Its late legs are completely explicable.

I think you'll see BL come down bit more fri/sat (mainly sat)sun looking like BL 9.7, Camp 6.8, TDKR 5.4, HS 3.8, TR 2.4, DOWK3, 1.8, Ia4 1.7 , Ted 800k

1.7M down from estimates for BL.

1.7M down from estimates for BL.

But he said Fri and Sat will probably be lower as well. As I stated on Friday, if Fri was 14, I expected a 40m estimate and 38-39m actual. Looks to be more 38 than 39.

Wow, those are some big decreases from estimates.Sunday estimates vs. RTH:

Estimate RTH inc/dec
TBL 11.5 9.7 -16%
Campaign 7.6 6.8 -11%
TDKR 6 5.4 -10%
HS 4.8 3.8 -21%
TR 2.4 2.4 0%
DWK3 2.3 1.8 -22%
IA3 2.1 1.7 -19%
Ted 0.97 0.8 -18%