L3gend

Thriller movie recommendations?

My friend and I are trying to find some good thriller/psychological thriller movies. By this I mean movies like Memento or Zodiac or Vacancy, Shutter Island, Identity, those kinds of movies with that kind of atmosphere or twists. Thanks!

The Usual Suspects - brilliant although you might feel cheated by the endingThe Prestige - full of twists and one of Nolan's best filmsSe7en - Still Fincher's best film and pretty awesome performance from SpaceyIf you are into old films, you should check out pretty much every one of Hitchcock's films although Dial M For Murder is my favourite.

I would add Cronenberg's Dead Ringers (fantastic performance by Jeremy Irons), Parker's Angel Heart (also a supernatural thriller in addition to being psychological), Coppola's The Conversation, Polanski's Rosemary's Baby, The Tenant, Chinatown and The Ghost Writer, Boyle's Shallow Grave, Fritz Lang's M, and Martin Donovan's Apartment Zero. All very much worth checking out.

The Girl with the Dragon TattooThe Devil's Double(I was blown away by this, it was incredible and a true story)SevenHeatThe JackalPrometheus(ambitious film that could be about anything, similar to 2001)The Grey(probably my favorite of 2012, Liam Neeson is a God, and it has some impressive philosophical shit going on in it)Face/OffThe DepartedCollateral

Edited by Shpongle

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions y'all! I've actually seen a lot of the recommendations but some of the ones that I haven't seen that stood out after imdb'ing them were Wild Things, Cape Fear, The Devil's Double, Angel Heart, The Ghost Writer and Shallow Grave. And extra thanks to Jack Gittes for recommending multiple movies that I would never have encountered otherwise!

Here are a couple of good ones:

North by Northwest

Memento

Uh, yes. If you are looking for movies with great plot twists... Those two flicks (not mentioned before) should be on the list as well. Psycho, too, of course. And Body Heat.
  • Like 1