Gopher

Aug. 17-19, 2012 Studio Weekend Estimates (coming in...)

That's a way too optimistic hold today for EX2...definitely think it'll drop more than 20%.

It's an R rated film in it's first weekend. They drop that much on Summer Sunday's. The first dropped 19%, and that's where they are coming up with the number.

100m for Bourne is locked. Should top off around 110m. I wouldn't quality that as a success- that would be 65% of Bourne Identity's admissions- but it's not a total failure.

TDKR is making 20%-25% of its business in IMAX runs now. That's what'll keep the film going through Labor Day weekend.

I actually don't think this film is going to hit $100 million.

I believe this weekend's revenue was courtesy of the fans who heard the word of mouth, but wanted to see the film and form their own opinion. The Bourne Legacy would have done much better, and would have been much better received (at least by me), if it had been a stand-alone film without tying itself to Bourne. There were other title options, such as:

The Cross Dilemma

Code Name Cross

Double Crossed

The Aaron Cross Proxy

Blue Pill, Green Pill

The Pill of Life

The Cross Fix

The Cross Divide

The Cross Option

The Cross Addiction

Operation Outcome

The possibilities were endless. :P

It's an R rated film in it's first weekend. They drop that much on Summer Sunday's. The first dropped 19%, and that's where they are coming up with the number.

Hopefully they turn out to be more accurate than last weekend. Edited by lab276

Hopefully they turn out to be more accurate than last weekend.

Yes, hopefully. But you can't blame LG for predicting a 19% drop since that's what the first did.

I guess that's true...but just last weekend The Campaign dropped 27.5% on its first Sunday with a very similar ow.

I guess that's true...but just last weekend The Campaign dropped 27.5% on its first Sunday with a very similar ow.

The only thing I can think of is that TE2 has a much older audience. And maybe comedies drop harder than action films.For example, Prometheus dropped 15% on its first Sunday. Edited by Expendable baumer