17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Yea, the ending was a giant let down. So the guy got stabbed. Big deal. For all the shit he caused he should have been ripped apart limb by limb.

So I guess since this was based on a true story they didn't want to stray much?I don't know. I still liked the movie though. Really wasn't expecting a masterpiece.
  • Like 1

Problem was with Pierce getting more of a beating at the end, Shia sure couldn't do it as Shia was just a pretty boy, who probably couldn't even beat up her girlfriend's father.

Yeah but the events leading up to the end should have grown him into a man. He was supposed to step up since the older brother was riddled with bullets. At least that's what I thought would happen. And he did some stupid things that got everybody in trouble and had fatal consequences for his best friend. I was hoping he would redeem himself in an epic sort of way.
  • Like 1

B+Tone was a bit uneven and the finale is way too rushed. The film seems like it's setting the stage for a potboiling epic final act but then suddenly SHOOTOUT! EPILOGUE! CREDITS! over a 15 minute span. I think the film could have used another 10-15 minutes in the middle and final acts to give it some more room to breathe.Guy Pearce was aces though. And Chastain :wub:

Edited by 4815162342

Jessica Chastain shows her boobs in Lawless, and it is wonderful. That among Tom Hardy's charismatic performance are probably the best things I can say about this meaningless movie thats pretty much two hours of lame macho bullshit and stomach-churning violence. 

2/5

Edited by Jack Nevada

It seems I am alone on this opinion but I think Shia is a fantastic actor. His personality just makes him look like an idiot. But in this film he is really quite good especially the cricket seen.

He is a fantasic actor. People like to hate on him because he's in Transformers and he's a dick, he is a dick, but a dick who can act.

• Founder / Operator

Solid flick, I was pleasantly surprised when I rented this from Redbox. A bit of shame that Oldman was sold as a supporting character when he's barely more than a cameo. Other than that, a slick Prohibition era western.